Collapse
No announcement yet.

When did Marquez get robbed?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manny vs Marquez, all close fights .... no robberies. Only one that was technically a robbery is the first one in that the judge scored it wrong (the knock down).

Manny vs Marquez I: Marquez had to overcome that first round where he was down 3 times. Manny won it because of round 1.

Manny vs Marquez II: Going by memory, the knock down was the difference. A great fight to watch!

Manny vs Marquez III: I didn't see this one live. I was disappointed when I heard that they gave it to Manny but many here said it should have gone to Marquez. Disappointed in the judges .... but after watching the fight, I didn't see a robbery. It was a close fight and then I saw Marquez take the foot off the pedal and lose the fight in the championship rounds.

Manny vs Marquez IV: Marquez knocking Manny down made this a great fight. After that, Manny was on the war path .... until the KO by Marquez.

Comment

Originally posted by NYC8224 View Post
      Dont let Canelo hear you. He might try to bring him up and brand it as a superfight
      Isn't that more of a g string kinda thing?

Comment

JMM vs Pacquiao 3 was a damn robbery..

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post
          Isn't that more of a g string kinda thing?
          Not at all douchebag

Comment

The funny thing is he never really was. Pacman had always landed the telling clear punches in every bout while marquez would counter with weak left hands. Pacman was also the aggressor.(except for the Ko fight of course) even then pacman was boxing marquez's ears off prior to the KO.

This is one of the biggest common misconception in boxing. Chris john was also a close fight.

Marquez is a bitter loser. He even thinks he was robbed by Bradley?????????

Comment

PAC beat Marquez in the first fight that was a actual mistake cause one judge marked a PAC round for Marquez. Manny beat Marquez 8 rounds to 4 in the second fight. Third fight was close but Marquez didn't do much to take the belt from the champ had it 7 rounds to 5 manny, then the last fight manny was dominating till he got caught.

Comment

I felt he did get robbed in the 3rd fight with Pacquiao, there's no way Pacquiao won more rounds than JMM in that fight. Their 2nd fight could have gone either way though.

He did lose to John and Bradley, they weren't even that close.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
                  I really do not understand posters definition of a robbery...close fights are not robberies
                  Most would agree that Lara vs Alvarez was close. What about Lara vs Williams? Or Whitaker vs JCC?

Can Marquez get benefit of the doubt under Beristain tutelage? Floyd Jr. Has his family prowess, something Bernstein couldn't match. Still, Marquez was fairing way better than John.

What's About PAC vs Bradley 1?

Comment

Working...
                  X