Collapse
No announcement yet.

The UFC 70% of the time is Better

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UFC undercards are usually much better than boxing.

But a good boxing match > good MMA fight

Comment

People need to understand the difference between UFC and MMA. UFC are a promotional outfit like Bellator, in boxing terms it’s like PBC, Top rank, GBP, Matchroom etc

However MMA is the sport that you are speaking about and honestly I have become a fan since I saw Israel Adesanya v Kevin gaustem due to their boxing (Striking) and stand up game. Back to the UFC they match their top champions against their number 1 guys most of the time.

That’s why Adesanya fought the hyped up Paulo costa without their fans having to wait 3 years, but that’s also because UFC do not work with their competitors. In boxing we have Arum who adopted that model for years until recently and we now have the PBC who are following that model.

Comment

The UFC delivers a better overall product for the most part (although tbh its declined from what it was 10-15 years ago) but boxing still has its moments. Just depends what the line up is for both sports that weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by papichulosweg View Post
          I agree UFC is putting a better show every single time.
          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post
            Honestly this conversation is beyond tiresome

UFC is a different sport catering to a different market. The guys there are usually churned up and only on top a couple of years, every 2 minutes they have a new "GOAT", its a fast food combat sport, its entertaining sure.

Boxing is a different sport, we all know the reasons why, there's no Dana White in boxing, boxers aren't going to accept the promoter making 90% of the profit like they do over there.

If you prefer UFC cool, I can see it has its merits but we don't need to talk about the UFC every couple of days on here, there is a UFC sub forum is there not.

Different sport but under the same category. It’s a fighting / combat sport just like boxing.

I prefer UFC business model and I think that’s where you guys are understanding. Why keep buying a Ford if it keeps breaking down ? How about you walk over to the Audi dealership to see what they have to offer ? I mean in reality they are both cars just like these are both combat sports. UFC just runs betters. Of course like any news car you have to get used to it and break it in. But after a while I think you can admit a Audi is better than a Ford for most ppl if you can afford it.

Boxing has been fing up their fans for years and I am sick of people treated like nothing even though we are the ones who made these fighters famous. There’s no reason why we had to wait for Crawford to fight Thurman , Garcia , Pacquiao and Spence. Shoot we had to wait years before he box a washed up Khan /Brook and this guy is our P4P guy ? Seriously ????? Our current goats outside fury and canelo are untested trash.

Comment

Originally posted by MartialMind View Post
              Know what a sport with no casual fans is called? Dead.
              Just like boxing. It’s on life support.

Comment

Originally posted by Ochoa780 View Post
                I think if you're into the UFC more youre going to like watching their fights more.

I could literally go to a boxing gym and just watch sparring sessions.

So I dont mind watching all these small boxing cards.

And this ring city stuff looks pretty good. I enjoyed the whole card, even the main event being a wipeout, I liked seeing that young kid show different skills
                I rather watch a world star fight or a bar fight then Crawford vs Brook or Danny Garcia vs Rod Shalka. I am sorry. But I do like boxing on the highest level like Pernel , Micheal Spinks , Trinidad, Mayweather , Mosley , Jermain Taylor and etc. I favor a good old chess match then just two bums going at it or one good guy verses a wash up fighter like Crawford built his whole career on.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardPerez View Post
                  Think your a MMA fan?

Try a MMA fourm?
                  I like both sports but I am giving a honest opinion. Just like how I own a bmw and a Buick but I like my Buick more because it gets better gas mileage and it never sees a repair shop and my Beamer keeps breaking down and letting me down.

Watched boxing for 15 years the UFC just came on the scene for me 4 years ago. Got the ESPN plus and UFC blew my mind. Of course I had to get into it first. Once I understood the ground game I was hooked.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
                    Ive tried for years to get into MMA but i just cant. It’s too boring. I was excited when i heard that Kabib is retiring cuz he is like Royce Gracie 2.0 boring azz sht.

Id rather watch one decent boxing match over 10 stacked UFC cards.
                    I was just like you. I think you don’t like the ground game. That takes time to understand. Wrestling is not a easy sport to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Sadiqkingofko View Post
                      I watched one UFC fight the other day and it was boring af, it was a Nigerian champ fighting same guy with double digit losses on short notice, it was absolutely boring, never tuning in again
                      What made it boring? You didn’t explain. What does the record matter ? We have undefeated fighters here that don’t fight any live bodies and they are our P4P champs.

Comment

Working...
                      X