Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Please Help] Will Fury go down as an ATG???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
    You forgot Tommy Morrison, Shannon Briggs , Mike Moorer , Holyfield and evening Gerry Cooney while not at his best would be a better name then most who Fury fought. You can’t really win this here because Foreman has longevity in the sport ,it goes beyond title defenses .

No one seriously is going to make a case for Furys win over Wilder as a more ATG and no title defenses vs what Foreman has been through . Fury can become undisputed and change it a bit but he would have to sign the fight ,until it happens Wilder just isn’t going to cut it .
    Sorry, he lost to Morrison, Briggs and Holyfield.

I should have mentioned them and of course Moorer - who is one of the weakest champs of all times.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
      Sorry, he lost to Morrison, Briggs and Holyfield.

I should have mentioned them and of course Moorer - who is one of the weakest champs of all times.
      Those fighters would be Furys best wins .

If you made a thread about Chisora who you put as Furys great run which included two guys only and compared the top guys Foreman fought it wouldn’t get taking seriously.

At the end of the day unless you can show me what makes Wilder great ,Fury is not in the conversation as an ATG because that is the best prime guy he’s defeated . Unless Fury can amount title defenses and dethrone the unified champion he is not an ATG ,on what merit ? His resume is paper thin outside Wlad .

Moorer is far better then Szpilka who was handling Wilder ,how do you get your reasoning ? Moorer was probably the hardest hitting southpaw in heavyweight recent times he earned the title by defeating Holyfield so what your claiming is weak people can give Holyfield an L ?
      Last edited by REDEEMER; 09-08-2020, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
        Those fighters would be Furys best wins .

If you made a thread about Chisora who you put as Furys great run which included two guys only and compared the top guys Foreman fought it wouldn’t get taking seriously.

At the end of the day unless you can show me what makes Wilder great ,Fury is not in the conversation as an ATG because that is the best prime guy he’s defeated . Unless Fury can amount title defenses and dethrone the unified champion he is not an ATG ,on what merit ? His resume is paper thin outside Wlad .

Moorer is far better then Szpilka who was handling Wilder ,how do you get your reasoning ? Moorer was probably the hardest hitting southpaw in heavyweight recent times he earned the title by defeating Holyfield so what your claiming is weak people can give Holyfield an L ?
        Holyfield yes, the others? You're on straight crack.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
          I was asked a while back, can't even remember by who, to look into Ring's manipulation of lineal through history. Covid among other set backs has really driven down my ability to buy things like old Ring mags. Soon as I am able to complete my research I am going to prove what is traditional lineal, what is ring imposed, and what from best I can tell is just fan made up nonsense.

Lineal does need defined. I get tired of people telling me it's ineffable. I don't care if folks like the traditional, ring, made up bs or a mix of any of it just as long as we can point to where the ideas came from without causing arguments.

I'd like to see Fury with an actual physical lineal belt but even he doesn't know he should have one.
          I would like to see a physical belt as well.

Comment

He dispatched two dominant heavies of his era. For that, he most likely will but of course, it will help if he 3-peats Deontay and takes down AJ. At that point, he is without question.

Comment

At the moment I struggle to see how he will.

He fought chisora in July 2011, his first fight of any real merit.

It then took until November 2014 to do a rematch with only average joes in between.

He took on Klitschko in November 2015.

He then didn’t take on Wilder until December 2018.

The rematch with wilder took place in February 2020.

So from 2011 where you expected him to start rising , he’s managed to only take on two further opponents of value, if you want to be really generous add Hammer as a third - and we are now nine years down the line.

His mentality for taking on the best opponents consistently has to change for him to be considered - it’s actions rather than words that count.

I know many compare AJ at the moment but the comparison is Joshua fought Whyte in dec 2015, since then he has taken on Martin (title challenge), Brezeale, Molina, Klitschko, Takam, Parker, Povetkin, Ruiz x2 and has Pulev lined up. Whether AJ will be ATG is a completely seperate question but that’s the sort of CV fury needs to start getting towards and very quickly over the next couple of years.
              Last edited by Kezzer; 09-08-2020, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Fury has to clean up the division first before this can be decided.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
                  Fury has to clean up the division first before this can be decided.
                  A fair request.

I look forward to seeing Fury run the gauntlet.

Comment

Today, Furys legacy will forever be cemented as one of the greatest to ever lace em up
                    Tony Trick-Pony Tony Trick-Pony likes this.

Comment

If he wins today and then beats Usyk(I don’t know if he will) then yes he could go down as an all time great

Comment

Working...
                      X