Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by damit305
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jsfd26

Haha no, this was like a while back. Maybe someone got the source around here.

Kid Chocolate has been calling out Martinez for at leas the last year and a half, along with Pavlik. Simple Youtube search would prove that.

Can't find the vid but I recall one where Quillin was on the streets of NY attempting to promote\call out Martinez..
    There is an interview around and he said he is not ready for Sergio. The interview was within the last year. He was offered a fight against GGG and he did not take it. He chose to fight Ndam

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by damit305 View Post
      You can make a decent case for Martinez, but Chavez c'mon. Chavez would be lucky if Pete decides to leave less marks on that face than Martinez. Quillin fought a good bulk of his career at Super middle. Chavez would be turned into a gate keeper if he decided to scrap Chocolate.
      It's an interesting fight. Quillen does some good things, he can punch, but he moves too slow for me. And I know Chavez isn't particularly fleet footed, but he's a determined body puncher and he cuts the ring off pretty well against guys that aren't as quick on their feet or with their hands like Martinez is. Again, it's an interesting bout, one where I happen to think Chavez would slowly catch up to Quillen, break him down and maybe even get the stoppage if he's on his A game. I don't think it a bold prediction, but maybe I'm just not seeing what's so impressive about Quillen.

Comment

Originally posted by SWEETSCIENCE100 View Post
        No one seems to understand or recognize the potential Quillen has. He just won his first belt this past weekend by beating one tough bull of a fighter. Peter drop him 6 times in route to a UD victory. I am predicting a clash between Sergio Martinez and Kid Chocolate sometime next year. I am also picking Quillen to defeat Martinez by KO.

yeah i want to see him again..

Comment

Originally posted by SCEN3RY View Post
          It's an interesting fight. Quillen does some good things, he can punch, but he moves too slow for me. And I know Chavez isn't particularly fleet footed, but he's a determined body puncher and he cuts the ring off pretty well against guys that aren't as quick on their feet or with their hands like Martinez is. Again, it's an interesting bout, one where I happen to think Chavez would slowly catch up to Quillen, break him down and maybe even get the stoppage if he's on his A game. I don't think it a bold prediction, but maybe I'm just not seeing what's so impressive about Quillen.
          Great points. I'd be impressed alone if a post-Martinez Chavez has half the determination.

Comment

Originally posted by SWEETSCIENCE100 View Post
            Sergio doesn't have many options! soon Quillen will be unavoidble! Martinez will be forced to fight him.
            I like Quillen but Sergio would destroy him. Those straight lefts would chop him down until the late stoppage.

Comment

Originally posted by damit305 View Post
              You can make a decent case for Martinez, but Chavez c'mon. Chavez would be lucky if Pete decides to leave less marks on that face than Martinez. Quillin fought a good bulk of his career at Super middle. Chavez would be turned into a gate keeper if he decided to scrap Chocolate.
              Pete wins an exciting but convincing fight with Junior, I think.

Sergio is the best middleweight in the world, in my opinion. I would definitely favor "Maravilla" against "Chocolate" right now. Then again, everybody gets old....

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                Pete wins an exciting but convincing fight with Junior, I think.

Sergio is the best middleweight in the world, in my opinion. I would definitely favor "Maravilla" against "Chocolate" right now. Then again, everybody gets old....
                Was thinking the same. Martinez would be hard pressed to face a Quillin @ close to 40 yrs old.

Comment

Originally posted by SCEN3RY View Post
                  It's a pleasure to see someone make sense around here, even though I don't quite agree on the outcome.

Comment

Pretty sure GGG people made GBP an offer and they said he is not ready yet. Is it true he only had 8 amature fights?

Comment

I love "Cuban Power" Quillin. Out of the next gen of 160lbs he has the brightest star.

Hopefully, he'll take over as king of the division when Sergio moves on.

That being said, I don't think he's a finished product yet. He needs to work his conditioning and defence. His power though, makes up for his shortcomings.

As raw talent goes, he's got it in spades.

Comment

Working...
                      X