Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bernard Hopkins "Stop asking me about Chavez Jr. He aint nothing but a gimmick.."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Larry.X. View Post
    I like Sergio but i dont think a man who keeps his hands down by his waist can beat Hopkins....But Sergio did show a good inside game against Chavez
    ever heard of Roy Jones Jr?

Martinez isn't as quick as Jones was but he is certainly at his best, quicker than any version of Hopkins, in terms of hands and feet and reflexes. Having said that, Hopkins quick step in and use of short, sharp punches could seriously harm Martinez. He'd have to take a hell of a lot of punches but then again, Hopkins would have to deal with Martinez's power. The advantage is obviously with Hopkins, his experience, size, skill and better resume make him a favourite, but only slightly.

From what I've been hearing of Hopkins he seems jealous of Martinez and is probably looking for one last massive payday. The old nut job even wanted a fight with Haye

Comment

Originally posted by Prince_Pugilist View Post

Martinez isn't as quick as Jones was but he is certainly at his best, quicker than any version of Hopkins, in terms of hands and feet and reflexes. Having said that, Hopkins quick step in and use of short, sharp punches could seriously harm Martinez. He'd have to take a hell of a lot of punches but then again, Hopkins would have to deal with Martinez's power. The advantage is obviously with Hopkins, his experience, size, skill and better resume make him a favourite, but only slightly.

From what I've been hearing of Hopkins he seems jealous of Martinez and is probably looking for one last massive payday. The old nut job even wanted a fight with Haye

After like six posts in a row saying there should be no comparisons...

Comment

no way guy hopkins was way faster then you're giving him credit for. Watch the trinidad fight. Martinez beat a bum. Doesn't mean he could keep prime hopkins off him.

Comment

I dont know whether to laugh or cry.

Comment

Working...
          X