Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spoiler Alert: Discussion on MW2 Campaign Storyline.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spoiler Alert: Discussion on MW2 Campaign Storyline.

OK so I finished single player but I am freakin lost. WTF happend?

I know that guy we killed in MW-1 became a posthumous Russian Hero and that Markarov (sp?) takes over.

I know that he sets up a CIA undercover agent to make it seem like the US is sponsoring terrorism in Russia. This incites Russia to go to War with the US.

After that is where I go WTF? I don't even know who I am or what side I'm on in the end. Is General Sheppard a War Hawk US version of Markarov or is he working in conjunction with him?

I really don't know what the hell happend only that I had a nice knife throw at the end.

Yes, he was working in conjunction with Makarov, uses Makarov to kick start the war which in his mind will put the US back at the forefront of world powers. Betrays you and Makarov after you get hold of the data that could implement him, dies a hero, you’re the villian because history is written by liars - Price.

All very Hollywood.

Comment

Wtf happened with Makarov?

That bastard is still alive.

Comment

Ok, so is Makarov working for or with Gen. Sheppard? If so does Makarov betray Gen. Sheppard or does Sheppard betray Makarov.......or was that all part of the plan?

Also where did those Nukes go to? I assume that if Nukes hit Washington DC the damage would've been much worse than represented in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Left2body View Post
          Ok, so is Makarov working for or with Gen. Sheppard? If so does Makarov betray Gen. Sheppard or does Sheppard betray Makarov.......or was that all part of the plan?

Also where did those Nukes go to? I assume that if Nukes hit Washington DC the damage would've been much worse than represented in the game.

I think it they only used it for the emp effect. Cause it exploded in the atmosphere, not on the ground. You see it in the short part when you are an astronaut in space. After it blows up it goes back to Ramirez in the crashed chopper and the attack chopper heading your way just stops working and crashes. Then everything goes dark and you run in the street while planes and **** fall from the sky.

I don't think a nuke actually hits Washington.

Edit:

Taken from the wiki entry on modern warfare 2:

Meanwhile, Task Force 141 work on tracking down Makarov. Intelligence from the airport attacks lead them to Rio de Janeiro to investigate leads on Makarov's contacts, but the only intelligence they learn from the operation is that the most hated enemy of Makarov is locked up in a Russian gulag. As a result, Soap decides to rescue the prisoner from the gulag to use him as a bait to draw Makarov out. With assistance from the Navy SEALS and U.S. Marines, Task Force 141 manages to free the prisoner, who is revealed to be Captain Price. Price agrees to help them track down Makarov, but knows they must go to extremes to end the war. He decides to go rogue, hijack a Russian nuclear submarine, and launch an ICBM towards Washington, D.C. However, he rigs the warhead to explode in the upper atmosphere, which destroys the International Space Station (viewed from an astronaut's point of view), but spares Washington. The resulting electromagnetic pulse cripples the vehicles and electronic equipment of both the U.S. and Russian forces in the city. Later, Ramirez and his squad discover that the Air Force has assumed that D.C. has been lost after the nuclear explosion and plans to carpet bomb the city. The only way to abort the operation is to set off green flares on the roof of the White House, which is under Russian control. Ramirez and his squad fight their way to the roof the building and manage to set off their flares in the nick of time, while green flares on the roofs of other D.C. landmarks signify that the city remains firmly in American hands.

Here if you want to read all of it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modern_Warfare_2#Campaign

Comment

Working...
          X