Former Vargas Manager Arrested

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Former Vargas Manager Arrested

The former business manager of Fernando Vargas has been arrested on suspicion of stealing the former world champion’s fortune. According to the Ventura County Star, Joseph Louis Pecora was arrested Monday on charges of grand theft by embezzlement and forgery after a long investigation. Vargas’ attorney Greg Ramirez told the Star that Pecora allegedly pocketed about $400,000 and lost millions by mismanaging Vargas’ financial affairs. Ramirez also said the Vargas family had to move out of their home as a result and Vargas might have to start training to get back in the ring.

copied from f.ghtn.ws.com

I posted this yesterday man
    no one cares
    haha

Comment

He might get in the ring again?? WTF?

Comment

Originally posted by Floyd R View Post

The former business manager of Fernando Vargas has been arrested on suspicion of stealing the former world champion’s fortune. According to the Ventura County Star, Joseph Louis Pecora was arrested Monday on charges of grand theft by embezzlement and forgery after a long investigation. Vargas’ attorney Greg Ramirez told the Star that Pecora allegedly pocketed about $400,000 and lost millions by mismanaging Vargas’ financial affairs. Ramirez also said the Vargas family had to move out of their home as a result and Vargas might have to start training to get back in the ring.

copied from f.ghtn.ws.com
        good....now vargas can get his cash back...

Comment

I hate reading stories of fighters being bilked out of their hard earned fortunes. Boxers really need to have more oversight of their finances rather than trusting a sole person to manager, not only their boxing careers but their money. If I was a manager I would provide to my fighter(s) a course in financial literacy..

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingPromoter View Post
            I hate reading stories of fighters being bilked out of their hard earned fortunes. Boxers really need to have more oversight of their finances rather than trusting a sole person to manager, not only their boxing careers but their money. If I was a manager I would provide to my fighter(s) a course in financial literacy..
            Which one is worse?

Fernando Vargas or Floyd Mayweather's tele novela story! The one who spend their money carelessly or the one being duped by others.

Floyd just got lucky, he still on his prime when he was almost got bankrupt from his moronic lifestyle.
            I wonder if Vargas can still fight at middleweight, last time I saw him, he was like 300 pounds or something.

Comment

the mexican version of Rocy V

Comment

yeah, thought i saw a thread about this yesterday, i didn't read until i saw the headline on fight news.

all i got to say is wow, rule number one, never leave your finances to someone without having your hand in it and control over it the whole time. it's too easy for someone to get shady ideas when they know you aren't watching what they're doing.

having to move out his house!?!? that is ****ed, and now having to get back into the ring, wow, nando has a rough road ahead of him........

never been a huge fan had more respect for his warrior spirit, sad to hear this is happening to him............ it's not like he just tricked it off trying to make it rain, a la you know who..........

Comment

Thats why people should have at least one parent in his corner like tito. He probably doesn't even have to pay his dad to train him. You trust your homeboy? thats what being street does to people. Hope he learned his lesson

Comment

Working...
                  X