• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could Jake Shields lay on top of GSP?

Yes
    23.53%
    No
    76.47%

Seriously, How do you mount someone for 20 minutes and not finish?

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
      Seriously, How do you mount someone for 20 minutes and not finish?
      Aye, what a joke. **** the fans for booing, that's bull ****. But, seriously? He had him fully mounted for so long and never had Henderson in serious trouble; that's ****ing sad.

Comment

henderson looked dire after the first round. looks like fathertime is catching up

Comment

GSP get dominant positions all the time and doesn't finish so i think either way you look at it the fighter who gets the 1st take down will probably win the round by smothering. The deciding factor would be take downs and up until about 20 minutes ago i would of said GSP is light years ahead of Shields in take downs.
          But any man who can take Hendo down and keep him down is damn impressive.
          No matter which path shields takes i think a move down to 170 is best for him.

Comment

Originally posted by TBEC2 View Post
            GSP get dominant positions all the time and doesn't finish so i think either way you look at it the fighter who gets the 1st take down will probably win the round by smothering. The deciding factor would be take downs and up until about 20 minutes ago i would of said GSP is light years ahead of Shields in take downs.
            But any man who can take Hendo down and keep him down is damn impressive.
            No matter which path shields takes i think a move down to 170 is best for him.
            GSP's takedown defense is greater than Hendo's IMO.....

Comment

Maybe.

Don't know until he tries. It would be THE most boring match ever.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                Maybe.

Don't know until he tries. It would be THE most boring match ever.
                Yeah, I got kinda sleepy thinking about it....

Comment

I don't think he could. I still think GSP is stronger at 170 than Shields. GSP is a freak of nature. But I do think GSP would have a harder time against Shields on the ground than he has against anyone.

but nevertheless, I doubt GSP goes for the takedowns and I don't think Jake Sheilds will be able to take GSP down. I would imagine a standup fight.

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
                    GSP's takedown defense is greater than Hendo's IMO.....
                    Ya think? Dan's TDD is pretty ****ty. Most because he's so in love with his right hand that it throws him off balance.

But no GSP would not be laid on by Jake Shields. Shields wouldn't be able to get GSP down to save his life.

Real Talk

Comment

Working...
                    X