The fastest boxers of all time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The fastest boxers of all time

Part 1:

I'm open to suggestions about what boxers should be included in the next part(s) of the highlight.

I've been thinking about Ray Leonard, Thomas Hearns, Meldrick Taylor, Hector Camacho, Roy Jones...

Originally posted by TheManchine View Post
    Part 1:

I'm open to suggestions about what boxers should be included in the next part(s) of the highlight.

I've been thinking about Ray Leonard, Thomas Hearns, Meldrick Taylor, Hector Camacho, Roy Jones...
    Great video, Manchine.

I always knew Robinson was fast, but some of those clips I hadn't seen before. Pretty amazing stuff.

As for your next video, I'd second Leonard, Hearns, Taylor, Jones and Camacho. That's almost a "who's who" of fast boxers.

BTW, look in NSB for my new Joe Frazier Highlight.

Comment

floyd at 130 was sick fast

Comment

Some good picks there, here a few that come to mind
        .Roy Jones Jr
        .Ray Leonard
        .Ray Robinson
        .Meldrick Taylor
        .Willie Pep
        .Kid Chocalate
        .Manny Pacquiao
        .Floyd Mayweather Jr
        .Joe Calzaghe
        .Benny Leonard
        .Tony Canzoneri had pretty fast hands and feet in his prime.
        .Cassius Clay
        .Mike Tyson

All these fighters pound for pound had very fast movement, hands or feet in their prime.

Comment

definately include Meldrick Taylor, Hector Camacho, Roy Jones and Leonard. p4p the fastest guys Ive ever seen.

that was a real good video. people always say Ali was the fastest handed heavyweight, but Patterson imo was quicker based on the types of punches he could get off in such a short time.

good choice of music too.

Bringer, what happened? youve been on a rampage with highlight videos the last 2 days. must have some free time on your hands or something, haha.

Comment

Originally posted by blackirish137 View Post
            definately include Meldrick Taylor, Hector Camacho, Roy Jones and Leonard. p4p the fastest guys Ive ever seen.

that was a real good video. people always say Ali was the fastest handed heavyweight, but Patterson imo was quicker based on the types of punches he could get off in such a short time.

good choice of music too.

Bringer, what happened? youve been on a rampage with highlight videos the last 2 days. must have some free time on your hands or something, haha.
            Not a lot of extra time, but enough.

I just got the "highlight bug" I guess.

The Hopkins one was my first attempt at any video editing, ever. And it turned out really well, and I just started thinking about who else I could do.

Poor Meldrick didn't even have a career highlight, so he came as an obvious "must".

Then of course I needed to to Frazier.

I think I'm going to chill on them for now. 3 videos in like 30 hours is enough work for the week.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
              Not a lot of extra time, but enough.

I just got the "highlight bug" I guess.

The Hopkins one was my first attempt at any video editing, ever. And it turned out really well, and I just started thinking about who else I could do.

Poor Meldrick didn't even have a career highlight, so he came as an obvious "must".

Then of course I needed to to Frazier.

I think I'm going to chill on them for now. 3 videos in like 30 hours is enough work for the week.
              aye, I really liked your Meldrick Taylor and Frazier ones. I was surprised how well the Taylor one turned out, considering you only used the Legendary Nights episode for the footage, haha. and Frazier always was one of my favorites. you had a ton of high quality footage of him.

Comment

RJJ,mayweather jr, pac man

Comment

Originally posted by blackirish137 View Post
                  aye, I really liked your Meldrick Taylor and Frazier ones. I was surprised how well the Taylor one turned out, considering you only used the Legendary Nights episode for the footage, haha. and Frazier always was one of my favorites. you had a ton of high quality footage of him.
                  Yeah, that episode of "Legendary Nights" basically saved my ass on that one. Digging up videos of Meldrick's career is damn near impossible. Even Manchine said they was very hard to find, and if he don't have 'em, you know something is up.

The Frazier one I got all the footage from the "One Nation Divisible" documentary, and the "Thrilla in Manila" documentary.

EDIT : I like how in my Frazier video, the music matches the video. And then the music fades out slowly when Foreman is knocking him around and the referee stops it.

It seems like the video is going to end there.

And then the new song goes like "DA DUN DUN!" and Ali sits up from his couch and starts mouthing off about Joe.

Like, he could've walked away, but Ali just had to open his mouth. That's how the video looks anyway.

It reminds me of a classic "bad guy returns" clip, from a horror movie or something. Where the killer always comes back from the dead and shocks people.
                  Last edited by ßringer; 04-16-2009, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheManchine View Post
                    Part 1:

Geat hl machine, for your next video could you post monzon vs tonna up?

Comment

Working...
                    X