No announcement yet.

Video: Hopkins on throwing the PR flag down

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El Gallo Negro! View Post
    I'd love to see the hypocrisy of these people applauding this action had it been the other way around.

"who does Tito think he is, he comes here to our country and makes money and he throws our flag down, what a disgrace"
    He says went to Peurto Rico himself and apologised if things for way out of hand.

You got to understand he was probably selling the bout, like every other boxer does?

Comment

Originally posted by minion View Post
      He says went to Peurto Rico himself and apologised if things for way out of hand.

You got to understand he was probably selling the bout, like every other boxer does?
      Selling what bout? People shouldn't have gotten worked up over what happened back in '01, I agree that then he was selling the bout. I didn't care about that.

What bothers me is he gets on a radio show years later and continues to talk ****. The bout was years ago and he hasn't fought a Puerto Rican since....why keep hating?

Comment

It does nothing to refure my point though.

Had a non american fighter done that to the american flag, it would be a huge story and people, boxing fans and non boxing fans would be calling for that fighters head, even if they were "trying to sell the fight".

But since Hopkins is american,

he gets a pass.

Typical ignorant american arrogance.

Comment

Originally posted by savorduhfalvor View Post
          Selling what bout? People shouldn't have gotten worked up over what happened back in '01, I agree that then he was selling the bout. I didn't care about that.

What bothers me is he gets on a radio show years later and continues to talk ****. The bout was years ago and he hasn't fought a Puerto Rican since....why keep hating?
          How would you react if you were Hopkins, doing a radio interview, to promote a fight, and all of a sudden you got blind sided by some guy who insisted on bringing up **** from 8 years ago?

Hopkins set that guy, and everybody else straight. And when he was finished setting the record straight, he hung the phone up.

Comment

He never brought it up, it was the radio guy..

But i agree, had that been the American Flag, Peurto Rico would have been bombed by now

Comment

Originally posted by El Gallo Negro! View Post
              It does nothing to refure my point though.

Had a non american fighter done that to the american flag, it would be a huge story and people, boxing fans and non boxing fans would be calling for that fighters head, even if they were "trying to sell the fight".

But since Hopkins is american,

he gets a pass.

Typical ignorant american arrogance.
              What's typical and ignorant is the way you assume to know what the reaction would've been if something that never happened, happened.

Comment

He never brought it up, it was the radio guy..

But i agree, had that been the American Flag, Peurto Rico would have been bombed by now
                Why would we bomb a Country that we own?

Comment

Originally posted by TucanMcGinty View Post
                  How would you react if you were Hopkins, doing a radio interview, to promote a fight, and all of a sudden you got blind sided by some guy who insisted on bringing up **** from 8 years ago?

Hopkins set that guy, and everybody else straight. And when he was finished setting the record straight, he hung the phone up.
                  Yea it was the guy that brought it up. But seriously, why wouldn't Hopkins have been like it was just soemthing to sell the fight I didn't mean to offend anyone, I have no problems with Puerto Ricans?

He got defensive and started saying **** that didn't make sense. Like he thought Tito was disrespecting the U.S? I'm not a Tito fan, but what sense does that make? Some of the **** he said was mind-numbingly stupid.

Comment

Yea it was the guy that brought it up. But seriously, why wouldn't Hopkins have been like it was just soemthing to sell the fight I didn't mean to offend anyone, I have no problems with Puerto Ricans?

He got defensive and started saying **** that didn't make sense. Like he thought Tito was disrespecting the U.S? I'm not a Tito fan, but what sense does that make? Some of the **** he said was mind-numbingly stupid.
                    Well Hopkins likes to portray himself as the "bad guy" and on a show that likes to talk about what's "gangsta", how well would that have gone over?

Comment

Originally posted by TucanMcGinty View Post
                      What's typical and ignorant is the way you assume to know what the reaction would've been if something that never happened, happened.
                      Yea, because americans are so easy going on flag burners or anything anti american.

Comment

Working...
                      X