NSB Pick 'em 2017

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
    No, you can use multipliers on anyone.

The bonuses are a separate multiplier provided by the game automatically for fighters picked by less than 25% of people.

Since GGG won I took the normal amount of pts and applied any multipliers used.

If Jacobs had won I would've done the same as above and then I would've applied a bonus multiplier on top.
    ohhh i see, i get ya. thought i'd been wasting them.

Comment

• One thing I don't like about the bonus multipliers are that I only determine whether there is one after the picks are all in.

Which means you can't be 100% sure when picking whether there will be a multiplier for your fighter at all.

Maybe instead I should offer bonus multipliers upfront for fighters based on being substantial betting underdogs? Or should I not be trying to sway people's votes so much?

Comment

• I'm 3-0 and 12th place

Can I go 4-0? With fair judging I can, but this is boxing, the only sport where can win but still lose.

Really hope if Linares wins that he doesn't get shafted by the judges.

Comment

• Can you update the rank column so that if 2 guys are tied for 2nd, the next in line is listed as 4th instead if 3rd?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
            Can you update the rank column so that if 2 guys are tied for 2nd, the next in line is listed as 4th instead if 3rd?
            I was debating which way to go is preferable... Not sure
            Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 03-25-2017, 06:40 PM.

Comment

• Results have been updated

We have a new leader folks! A.K

I will sanity check the scores tomorrow
              Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 03-25-2017, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Results have been updated

We have a new leader folks! A.K

Comment

• Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post

Your standing is still good and you have one more multiplier than he does.

But props to A.K for joining the game late and making 6 correct picks in a row to get to the top.

Comment

I was debating which way to go is preferable... Not sure
                    My ranking says 31 but there are 38 posters in front of me. I should be 39.

Comment

• So the next fight between two top 10 fighters is Lomachenko vs Sosa, will that fight be part of this game? Not sure whether to pick Loma by decision or KO in that one. Sosa was KO'ed 6 years ago, otherwise he's been very durable since then. But Loma has been on a tear lately with 80% of his total KO's coming consecutively in his last 4 fights. Not hard to pick the winner, just hard to pick how Loma's gonna win.

Comment

Working...
                      X