Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joshua's Gas Tank Is Still Suspect. Don't be stupid!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joshua's Gas Tank Is Still Suspect. Don't be stupid!

Wlad's stiff geriatric ass never went to the body once. NO HOOKS TO THE BODY. Joshua was knocked stiff. he was stretched out on the ropes, completely upright and what did Wlad do?

He shot that left hook. then took a step back. shoots the right straight to the head. then took a step back and shoots the right straight again. just LMAO

If that was Joseph Parker or Wilder(yes even with his windmills), Joshua would've been significantly diminished if not TKOed on the ropes.

Think of GGG vs Brook. Why was Kell Brook a finished man by round 5? body buzzing . falling back in the ropes without taking any clean headshots.

BODY WORK!

Why was Cory Sanders finished by Vitali against the ropes when he wasn't even rocked?

BODY WORK!

Wlad's style reminds me of Lyoto Machida in MMA. it's so effortless to go rounds with him. it's a fencing match.

Joshua threw more punches than the average HW, of course he will get tired. He still won though.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      Joshua threw more punches than the average HW, of course he will get tired. He still won though.
      are you forgetting the fact that he was literally inactive from rd 6 to rd 10

on top of the fact, he didn't take any body punishment which saps you.

Comment

Okay cool, you sound obsessed haha

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
          are you forgetting the fact that he was literally inactive from rd 6 to rd 10

on top of the fact, he didn't take any body punishment which saps you.
          You try punching Joshua to the body, see if he doesn't knock your head off.

No but seriously...it is not as easy as it looks. Attacking a fighter to the body with that much punching power is EXTREMELY dangerous. Joshua is also versatile in his punching technique, he throws short shots and long shots well, with KO power.

Lets also not ignore that Klitschko has never been a body punching guy, probably to protect his chin, he wears guys down with clinching using his body weight as well as the jab.

In terms of Joshua's gas tank, it is a little suspect I agree with you on that one. But I think its something he can correct. Its not so bad that its going to something which he can't overcome. He will correct it in my opinion, and I think it stems from a few different factors.

First of which is his physique, I think he needs to cut down the weight lifting, on the upper body especially, a lot of people have already mentioned this post fight.

Second - you have to consider how big these guys are and the fact that Joshua throws more punches than the heavyweight average, it can definitely improve, but is his stamina currently that bad?

Thirdly I don't think he is ever going to be Evander Holyfield in this department, but with the experience on Saturday and generally as he learns to pace himself, even within rounds, he will learn where his own limits are, and that will allow him to avoid the situations he found himself in against Dillian White, and especially Wlad.

The guy has so many other great attributes that he can certainly cover his weaknesses which I don't feel are that significant. Remember, not everyone he fights is going to be as technically sound and as good defensively as Wlad, as well as that kind of firepower and athleticism, so he had a lot to deal with on Saturday.

As I'm writing this, I am convincing myself that this kid is going to be really difficult to beat, not withstanding a homerun on his chin, which to be fair happens at heavyweight and someone like Wilder could definitely pull off. I think if Fury gets past 6 rounds he could take him into deep water, but make no mistake, Joshua is probably betting fav in both fights.

Comment

Yea his gas tank definitely needs work, but I'd speculate for how f#cking big he is its gonna be something that he'll just have to work through like he did vs Klitschko more than he'll be able to enhance it. I'm not sure you can be that muscle bound & not run outta gas in a competitive or hell maybe even a uncompetitive 36 minute bout.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
              You try punching Joshua to the body, see if he doesn't knock your head off.

No but seriously...it is not as easy as it looks. Attacking a fighter to the body with that much punching power is EXTREMELY dangerous. Joshua is also versatile in his punching technique, he throws short shots and long shots well, with KO power.

Lets also not ignore that Klitschko has never been a body punching guy, probably to protect his chin, he wears guys down with clinching using his body weight as well as the jab.

In terms of Joshua's gas tank, it is a little suspect I agree with you on that one. But I think its something he can correct. Its not so bad that its going to something which he can't overcome. He will correct it in my opinion, and I think it stems from a few different factors.

First of which is his physique, I think he needs to cut down the weight lifting, on the upper body especially, a lot of people have already mentioned this post fight.

Second - you have to consider how big these guys are and the fact that Joshua throws more punches than the heavyweight average, it can definitely improve, but is his stamina currently that bad?

Thirdly I don't think he is ever going to be Evander Holyfield in this department, but with the experience on Saturday and generally as he learns to pace himself, even within rounds, he will learn where his own limits are, and that will allow him to avoid the situations he found himself in against Dillian White, and especially Wlad.

The guy has so many other great attributes that he can certainly cover his weaknesses which I don't feel are that significant. Remember, not everyone he fights is going to be as technically sound and as good defensively as Wlad, as well as that kind of firepower and athleticism, so he had a lot to deal with on Saturday.

As I'm writing this, I am convincing myself that this kid is going to be really difficult to beat, not withstanding a homerun on his chin, which to be fair happens at heavyweight and someone like Wilder could definitely pull off. I think if Fury gets past 6 rounds he could take him into deep water, but make no mistake, Joshua is probably betting fav in both fights.

Joshua was stretched out on the ropes. He was out on his feet.

you put your head on his chest or go forhead to forehead and go to the body at that point.

he can't swing on your head that close.

Comment

He was dead tired. Fury makes easy work of him in the comeback. I don't see how he handles Fury's unpredictable footwork and great stamina:

Comment

I have been stating this for awhile? Anthony Joshua is suffering from the same sort of disease that David Price has, but it is not reached its chronic stages! In two of his toughest fights, we have all witnessed his technique and technical skills to a certain extent! disappear after 4-5 rounds! Whenever his opponents fight back against him and survive the opening blitz! (His movement becomes very static, and his legs literally began to stop working! also there is a marked decrease in hand-speed! Thus-far in his career his punching power/bruit strength and willingness to throw combinations is covering up is weaknesses!

Ever since April 29th people have been banging on as if Joshua vs Kiltschko was the pinnacle display of boxing skills and fitness inside of the ring! (People have become completely deluded!).......Check the punch statistics, i highly doubt ether of the heavyweights out-put was massive! And people need to acknowledge that a 41 year old Wladimir Kiltschko has just went life and death with Anthony Joshua! (And he only utilized three punches within his arsenal! The Jab, Straight right hand, and Left Hook! There where no body shots thrown! that's all it took to push Anthony Joshua!).....

The Wladimir Kiltscko that fought David Haye, by my assessments would of dismantled Anthony Joshua in the second half of the fight! and i am now convinced that a fully fit David Haye, even at this stage of his career would bang Anthony Joshua out! (For me the blueprint has now been unearthed on how to defeat Anthony Joshua! Joshua is the sophisticated version of Frank Bruno!)...

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    Have you seen the stats? Joshua only averaged about 35 punches a round and Wlad only averaged about 23 punches a round. I think the heavyweight average is about 45 punches a round. Holyfield threw about 100 punches a round in his prime. AJ is a huge muscular powerhouse with fast, very hard punches and poor stamina.

Comment

Working...
                    X