This is how i rank wards resume

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is how i rank wards resume

Resumes work like this.
    Some guys you fight are overated ,some are bums and some guys are good and some can even be elite.
    Elite to me means you can be champion in any other era. Good means you can only be champion in your own era

Some guys you beat will go on to do nothing. Some guys you beat went in to your fight having done nothing. Some guys have a better weight class they fought at . Some guys may be drained .

This is how i rank andre wards resume in which more than 85 percent of his fights were in oakland. Similar to joe calzaghes fights mosly being in wales.

Wards resume is overated

Bika-c level journeyman

Green-c minus level journeyman

Abraham-c level at 168 /best weight was 160

Kessler-b minus level /headbutts galore

Froch-b level /solid win

Dawson-c level at 168 /severely drained

Rodriguez -c minus level/domestic fighter

Smith-d level/domestic fighter

Barrera-c minus level/domestic fighter

Brand -d level /old domestic fighter

Aww you're protecting Golovkin from his bully.

Comment

Originally posted by Jc8804 View Post
      Froch-b level /solid win
      The 2nd best guy in Ward's division at the time of the fight is a B?

I don't think most boxing fans can fully appreciate how good boxers are to have got to where they have gotten. I mean the 11th best guy is f#cking an amazing boxer in the grand scheme of the 1,200+ guys in his division. I'd say any journeyman caliber guy is a C. C is average. B level guys are non-top 10 caliber guys give or take. A level guys are anyone in the top ten if not further down the rankings in many divisions. The curve most fans rank boxers on is nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        The 2nd best guy in Ward's division at the time of the fight is a B?

I don't think most boxing fans can fully appreciate how good boxers are to have got to where they have gotten. I mean the 11th best guy is f#cking an amazing boxer in the grand scheme of the 1,200+ guys in his division. I'd say any journeyman caliber guy is a C. C is average. B level guys are non-top 10 caliber guys give or take. A level guys are anyone in the top ten if not further down the rankings in many divisions. The curve most fans rank boxing is nuts.

Top 10 guys are not automatic A level. Some divisions are strong and some are weak.

168 happened to be an average weight class at the time of the tourney.
        Abraham moved up to join that tourney. So did taylor. Old man glencoffe moved down.
        Ward refused to fight dirrell.

Id like to see you both jump in and correct me with grades on those fighters.
        Im not protecting anyone. We are talking about andre ward.

Comment

Froch was a P4P top 10 fighter a few years ago, a top 10 in the entire sport is B level?

Comment

Originally posted by Paulie Walnuts View Post
            Froch was a P4P top 10 fighter a few years ago, a top 10 in the entire sport is B level?
            Can you display frochs resume at the time of the ward fight.

If froch is A level ,then what was james toney and roy jones at 168 ??

How about benn and calzaghe ?

Comment

how is kessler and froch b's? they are obviously A's. actually froch is A plus.

Abraham is B.

also Barrera is B.

bika is a solid B plus, regardless of what u wanna say (thought he beat anthony dirrell in that 1st fight) also he fought calzaghie razor close (regardless of what the idiot judges had)

thats 3 b's 1 a & 1 a plus.

kovalov is a A......but considering ward is moving up in weight a win like that would be A plus.

if he makes it through kovalov such a resume is actually a ATG one.
              Last edited by Godsfly; 08-12-2016, 05:05 PM.

Comment

If Froch is B level Golovkin's best win must be D level.

Comment

Originally posted by Jc8804 View Post
                  Top 10 guys are not A level. Some divisions are strong and some are weak.
                  Thats insane. 1,200+ guys in most divisions. The top 1% aren't A level? Boxing sucks in your opinion I guess.

Id like to see you both jump in and correct me with grades on those fighters.
                  I told you how I grade guys. You can figure out more or less how my grade rankings would go with Ward's or anyone elses resume. For the most part I don't get too in depth with dick measuring a resume cuz I think the guys at the level most guys we spend most of our time talking about have good to great resumes cuz all they fight are good to great guys most of the time.

Comment

Froch is tricky for ward fans because they want to give him respect and rank him as an A win for ward but then they will also call froch a stiff eurobum

Comment

Working...
                    X