No announcement yet.

Rubin "Hurricane" Carter 1937-2014

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rubin "Hurricane" Carter 1937-2014

The former middleweight contender, more famous for his prison term, passed away. Whether you think of him as a victim or a murderer, what is your take on him as a fighter? Would he be a champion now, or was he the 1960's version of Curtis Stevens?

he was strong and determined not a defensive wizard though. I think he could have been champ but would have not had a long reign.

Comment

R.I.P. Rubin "Hurricane" Carter

Though there were some similarities to Stevens, unlike Stevens, Carter had beat several contenders. I believe he would have been a titlist if he was in his prime today.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
        R.I.P. Rubin "Hurricane" Carter

Though there were some similarities to Stevens, unlike Stevens, Carter had beat several contenders. I believe he would have been a titlist if he was in his prime today.
        How would you rate his chances against Martinez, Quillin, and Golovkin?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
            How would you rate his chances against Martinez, Quillin, and Golovkin?
            Hard for me to say because they fought different opponents. But I think everyone will agree Carter fought a higher level of competition.

Comment

Rest in peace, its who my dad named me after albeit a different spelling.

Comment

RUbin Carter

The Hurricane demolished Emile Griffith when Emile stepped up in weight.
                1st round KO

Comment

Rest In Peace

Comment

nice article in the Edmonton Sun rip huricane

Comment

Working...
                    X