Golovkin eyes Martinez bout after Adama showdown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Martinez has bigger fish to fry.

Comment

He's not getting it and it's not a good fight anyway, he should just move up.

Comment

Originally posted by RiC-DiC View Post
        who was/is willing to fight Golovkin that's better than Cotto tho?
        Didn't Lara issue a challenge to Golovkin that pretty much went ignored by Team Golovkin?

Andre Ward has said all Golovkin has to do is come up to 168.

That's 2 fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
          He's not getting it and it's not a good fight anyway, he should just move up.
          Golovkin wants the money fights like every one else, but the fighters who bring the money want other fighters who bring money. GGG doesn't fall under that category. I agree he needs to move up and fight guys like Bika, Abraham and Stieglitz to get his feet wet, then move on to Ward, Froch, Kessler, Groves.

Comment

In all fairness to Martinez, whatever his promoter has said, he and his manager have said he'll fight Golovkin.

Comment

Martinez will lose to Cotto. So my question is, will you fight Geale, GGG? Or are you gonna beat up another JMW in Kirkland?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by RiC-DiC
                Quote:

Originally Posted by -Kev-

Martinez is being criticized for fighting a JMW, but Cotto is better than any one Golovkin has ever fought. So good luck to GGG coming off a win over Adama thinking he could get a fight over a Martinez potentially having beaten Cotto. Martinez would likely call out some Showtime fighter like Canelo-Angulo winner or call out Sturm, Murray rematch or even fight Rubio.

who was/is willing to fight Golovkin that's better than Cotto tho?
                With this "who?" again? How about Daniel Geale?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

I hope Geale lives up to his word about wanting Golovkin next.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    I hope Geale lives up to his word about wanting Golovkin next.
                    I'd love to see Golovkin-Geale but correct me if i'm wrong, didn't HBO turn down that fight?

Comment

Isn't Sergio fighting Cotto around the time GGG can be expected to fight again?

With that being said, Sergio wouldn't fight him anyway.

Comment

Working...
                      X