• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how do we know this?

Comment

Originally posted by takingaim View Post
      What are their claims?
      The Dogon learned from the Nommos that there was a companion star (Sirius B) orbiting the main star (Sirius). This legend supposedly goes back hundreds of years.

In 1970 scientists discovered there was indeed a Sirius B, though they had suspected its existence for over a century.

How could a primitive civilization know that YEARS before it was confirmed by science?

Comment

My d!ck is longer than trillions of fentometers.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
          The Egyptians built the pyramids too right? When modern engineers say that we couldn't do it TODAY. And the stone that was used in the pyramids was hundreds of miles from where the pyramids were built

Comment

Originally posted by Oasis_Lad View Post
            Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
            I was just looking at this the other day and almost posted it.

Here is an interactive one.

http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap140112.html
            What an amazing couple of posts. You know the scale of the universe is something mind-boggling, it really truly is. Such awe inspiring and humbling Majesty and here we are in the infancy of beginning to understand it.

I just hope nobody ruins this thread by posting some absolute bullshit about being visited by Aliens.

Incredible.

It amazes me how people don't believe in extra terrestrial life; especially when we have UFOs here being sighted all over the world.

So you are saying that UFO's don't exist?

Project Bluebook
            Project Grudge

The US government has researched UFOs, there have been sightings all over the world.
            "UFO" stands for "Unidentified Flying Object. Yes there have been many sightings of objects that are flying but which have never been identified.

Good grief, some people can't just wonder at things that are real, and feel the need to invent nonsense to make themselves feel more special. Oh well, at least he didn't say something really stupid like that Aliens built the pyramids or someth...

The Egyptians built the pyramids too right? When modern engineers say that we couldn't do it TODAY. And the stone that was used in the pyramids was hundreds of miles from where the pyramids were built

And I won't mention the pyramids is Mexico that have the same dimensions as the ones in Egypt.
            Well shit.

Well I mean why are there so many reports of UFOs world wide? We can't all be crazy can we? Betty and Barney Hill case is incredible !
            Incredible stupid.

A lot of people think that the Egyptian pyramids are a 'tomb' but that was never the case. Ever.
            No, they were incredibly elaborate alien traps that caught people, took out their internal organs, embalmed them, wrapped them in bandages and sealed them in huge stone buildings along with writing saying that they were kings.

How can Egyptians carry stones that were hundreds of miles away and build pyramids?!
            One step at a time.

They all align with the Sirius star cluster. Sirius A B C.

Even the ones in Mexico
            So that means it was aliens! Or that Egyptians and Mexicans both shared the preternatural ability to look up at night.

What a ******. Oh well at least everyone knows what "infinitely" means.

Originally posted by - Righteous - View Post
            We are universes.

If we could gain conciousness, Would it be entirely out of the question for something as infinitely complex as a star to gain consciousness or order as well?

The sun has existed infinitely longer than the earth.
            I... I...

Comment

The Dogon learned from the Nommos that there was a companion star (Sirius B) orbiting the main star (Sirius). This legend supposedly goes back hundreds of years.

In 1970 scientists discovered there was indeed a Sirius B, though they had suspected its existence for over a century.

How could a primitive civilization know that YEARS before it was confirmed by science?
              The Dogon don't even agree which star sigu tolu is. An anthropologist called Marcel Griaule was the person who insisted they were referring to Sirius however when investigated later it seems that some people thought that sigu tolo was Venus or even an invisible star that will only appear to fulfill some prophecy.

Furthermore there were plenty of astronomers in the Dogon region of Mali in the 1840s that could have given the Dogon interesting information about the stars that worked their way into the oral culture and mythology over the next 90 or so years.

In short the Dogon thing is bunk.

Comment

Well I mean why are there so many reports of UFOs world wide? We can't all be crazy can we? Betty and Barney Hill case is incredible !
                A UFO is just that, a so far - Un-explained Flying Object. Even numerous of them are also rationalised to various more likelyhoods of what they were. Often it's military aircraft and a sensible Military/Government is not - transparent about revealing it's capabilities and tests.

By the way, I believe there's other life forms out there. I just don't think you can use scientists have said this in one argument, when scientists simply have not - proven alien life form. I also don't think were even close to significant enough to bother with. It's like a human seeking out a particular tribe of ants - not bothered.

A lot of people think that the Egyptian pyramids are a 'tomb' but that was never the case. Ever.

How can Egyptians carry stones that were hundreds of miles away and build pyramids?!

They all align with the Sirius star cluster. Sirius A B C.

Even the ones in Mexico
                You've been linked several sources as to how they could have been built, and also evidence backing some of that up. That's simply more evidence and sources than you've presented.

Before leaping way beyond that into aliens, there's even more rational academics whom believe as mentioned in the thread, in lost civilisations and technology.

Earth has been going for millions of years, it's perhaps naive to conclude most human development happened in the last two centuries and that we have full pictures for every civilisation in history.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                  What an amazing couple of posts. You know the scale of the universe is something mind-boggling, it really truly is. Such awe inspiring and humbling Majesty and here we are in the infancy of beginning to understand it.

I just hope nobody ruins this thread by posting some absolute bullshit about being visited by Aliens.

"UFO" stands for "Unidentified Flying Object. Yes there have been many sightings of objects that are flying but which have never been identified.

Good grief, some people can't just wonder at things that are real, and feel the need to invent nonsense to make themselves feel more special. Oh well, at least he didn't say something really stupid like that Aliens built the pyramids or someth...

Well shit.

Incredible stupid.

No, they were incredibly elaborate alien traps that caught people, took out their internal organs, embalmed them, wrapped them in bandages and sealed them in huge stone buildings along with writing saying that they were kings.

One step at a time.

So that means it was aliens! Or that Egyptians and Mexicans both shared the preternatural ability to look up at night.

What a ******. Oh well at least everyone knows what "infinitely" means.

I... I...
                  Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                  The Dogon don't even agree which star sigu tolu is. An anthropologist called Marcel Griaule was the person who insisted they were referring to Sirius however when investigated later it seems that some people thought that sigu tolo was Venus or even an invisible star that will only appear to fulfill some prophecy.

Furthermore there were plenty of astronomers in the Dogon region of Mali in the 1840s that could have given the Dogon interesting information about the stars that worked their way into the oral culture and mythology over the next 90 or so years.

In short the Dogon thing is bunk.

Sure **** on the Dogons they have identified Sirius B before modern science. Just like Betty Hill and her star map of Zeta Reticuli.

The 'mexicans' which were actually Mayans during the time period we are referring to had the SAME pyramids. Same dimensions.

There's also pyramids across the globe which you or I can google and see it's a pretty weird coincidence.

Aren't you a Brit? What about Stonehenge? 'Dat **** fake doe'

Comment

So now there's evidence of ancient Egyptians using pulleys to building the pyramids at Giza? LOL. You really believe that don't you? How did they do it?

A lot of man power and good will?

Why are there pyramids in Mexico as well? Same dimensions as well

And also aligning to the stars of the Sirius consellation?

What about the Dogon Tribe? Surely they are making up things as well even though science has backed up their claims
                    if you are aiming to build high and you have primitive resources, the pyramid is the most stable structure, likely the only one that can last over millennia. A simple process of trial and error over a few generations would lead any civilization to the same conclusion.

Comment

Sure **** on the Dogons they have identified Sirius B before modern science. Just like Betty Hill and her star map of Zeta Reticuli.
                      The star map?

She didn't say it was of Zeta Reticuli. Some schmo who was a part time amateur astronomer decided to look for matches and searched over several years to find something which matched. As it happens it didn't match very well, but looked sort of like the map.

The 'mexicans' which were actually Mayans during the time period we are referring to had the SAME pyramids. Same dimensions.
                      They don't have the same dimensions. They don't even have the same shape!

They're also laid out differently.

There's also pyramids across the globe which you or I can google and see it's a pretty weird coincidence.
                      A pyramid is the most basic stable shape you can produce. If you pile up a bunch of rocks they make a roughly pyramid shape. I'm not sure that gravity working the same wherever people have put rocks on top of other rocks counts as a coincidence.

Aren't you a Brit? What about Stonehenge? 'Dat **** fake doe'
                      Dat stonehenge ain't a pyramid doe.

Comment

Working...
                      X