Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does Martinez have to be less than 100% for Cotto to win?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sslg99 View Post
    also cotto is left hook crazy and thats not good against a south paw.
    Very true, but he also has an elite level jab. A great tool against a southpaw.

Comment

Sergio beats him at 65%, IMO.

I mean if Trout can virtually shut him out then he has no chance against Sergio.

I just can not for the life of me picture Cotto winning this fight. I'm expecting Cotto to get absolutely blasted senseless from start too finish.

Sorry and I hope I am wrong but I think this a grotesque mismatch.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel
        All I keep reading is "Cotto can win if Sergio isn't 100%." That's BS IMO. Cotto has the skills to hang with a healthy Sergio and beat him. I can't be the only one who thinks that.
        You're completely wrong.

Cotto couldnt hang with Trout cause of his stamina. And you think he could hang with a healthy Martinez? Nonsense!

Anyway, those people expecting a healthy Martinez are just in denial. Cotto wins this.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
          All I keep reading is "Cotto can win if Sergio isn't 100%." That's BS IMO. Cotto has the skills to hang with a healthy Sergio and beat him. I can't be the only one who thinks that.
          Because Cotto isn't 100% anymore either 100% Martinez breaks down the now Cotto a la Margarito minus the plaster .If Pacquiao who is smaller but is a southpaw and akward as fk as well did what he did to a better version of Cotto a more powerful just as awkward southpaw Martinez should do just as well if he is 100 %. That being said the dude is not 100% so it could be competitive.

Comment

No offense meant to Cotto fans, but he's out of his depth here. He is demonstrating great bravery even taking on a damaged Martinez.

Cotto is one fight removed from losing to Trout. A southpaw with just above average movement and workrate. Well now he's challenging Martinez, a southpaw who was just one fight removed from displaying the elite movement, workrate and power to beat and keep a cruiser-weight off him for 11 rounds and battling back after getting dropped by him in the 12th.

Cotto has excellent skills to trouble and perhaps beat anyone... at his true weight (147) and if they both were naturally campaigning at the same weight, this fight would be even, but they are not and so this fight is not.

This could very well end up being a showcase fight for Martinez and looking at their past, I'd say that due to their size difference, the best version of Martinez would utterly destroy any version of Cotto (while you're at it, add Mayweather to that too).

Comment

He hated Pacquiao's high volume, crazy angles, and relentless attack. Martinez doesn't bring any of that to the table, maybe the angles, but not to the same degree.
              zab gave him some troubles in their fight, trout was also a southpaw. however all three are very different.

i think one aspect that's being ignored, is serg's ring rust. that could play more of a factor. sergio will have 1+ year off, he will healed up and ready to go. ring rust + father time may play more of a factor here, folks.

Comment

Cotto is getting his ass whooped on June 7 I'll bet all my points with anybody hmu

Comment

Originally posted by RA-Box View Post
                  No offense meant to Cotto fans, but he's out of his depth here. He is demonstrating great bravery even taking on a damaged Martinez.

Cotto is one fight removed from losing to Trout. A southpaw with just above average movement and workrate. Well now he's challenging Martinez, a southpaw who was just one fight removed from displaying the elite movement, workrate and power to beat and keep a cruiser-weight off him for 11 rounds and battling back after getting dropped by him in the 12th.

Cotto has excellent skills to trouble and perhaps beat anyone... at his true weight (147) and if they both were naturally campaigning at the same weight, this fight would be even, but they are not and so this fight is not.

This could very well end up being a showcase fight for Martinez and looking at their past, I'd say that due to their size difference, the best version of Martinez would utterly destroy any version of Cotto (while you're at it, add Mayweather to that too).

true, it's refreshing to see someone like cotto take on the best fighters out there. I mean pacquiao,mayweather, and sergio... has anyone ever done that?

Comment

Sergio is bigger than Cotto and healthy he will have movement on his side, but he isn't the type of fighter who imposes his physicality and size on his opponent. He prefers for you to come at him and pepper you with his jab, right hook, and straight left counters.
                    This is a misconception people have from watching the middleweight version of Martinez. Watch the Bunema fight to see what Sergio does to someone his size or smaller. Total non-stop offensive.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                      You're completely wrong.

Cotto couldnt hang with Trout cause of his stamina. And you think he could hang with a healthy Martinez? Nonsense!

Anyway, those people expecting a healthy Martinez are just in denial. Cotto wins this.
                      Stamina and conditioning were much improved according to him in his first camp under Roach. Obviously the fight only went 3, but he looked in very good shape, better than the Trout fight for sure.

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                      Sergio beats him at 65%, IMO.

I mean if Trout can virtually shut him out then he has no chance against Sergio.

I just can not for the life of me picture Cotto winning this fight. I'm expecting Cotto to get absolutely blasted senseless from start too finish.

Sorry and I hope I am wrong but I think this a grotesque mismatch.
                      You could be 100% right like you tend to be. But I don't think Trout shut Cotto out at all, but not the point. I think we need to see his conditioning late in the fight under Roach. He looked in much better shape for his last fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X