Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Mayweather vs. Mosley the ultimate flip flop in recent boxing history???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
    Nothing close to the flip flip Floyd cheerleaders did with Cotto.

When Cotto fought Pac:

Flomo #1 - Oh he weight drained!!
    Flomo #2 - Cotto washed up!!!
    Flomo #3 - Pac cherry picking!
    Flomo #4 - Cotto coming off a loss. Clottey whooped him yo!

Ahhh but then Floyd signs to fight Cotto:

Flomo #1 - Cotto is the #1 ranked JMW
    Flomo #2 - Cotto ain't washed up! He beat Margarito in a rematch.
    Flomo #3 - Better late than never.
    Flomo #4 - Ya'll just hating for him trying to get that paper.
    Flomo #5 - Better win for Floyd than Pac/Margarito.

Comment

Well to be fair, you had to be reaching to predict Mosley would win, or think Floyd wasn't as good as he clearly is.

I could not favour Mosley over Mayweather when he got out boxed 3 years earlier (ok, outboxed is strong) by Miguel Cotto

Comment

Originally posted by Ivansmamma View Post
        De La Hoya vs Pacquiao.
        This is the biggest flip flop in recent history. I remember people were even questioning Pac's mental state. Some were asking how far are prize fighters willing to go for a massive purse and how much of their health are they willing to risk?

Nobody spoke like that pre-May/Mosley.

Originally posted by El Manos View Post
        Mosley was a shot, old, and inactive fighter. I think most people are smart enough to realize that.
        Exactly! Mosley would have been a great opponent around 2006. It was clear Mosley was a semi-shot fighter in the Mayorga fight.

Anyone with half a brain and a little knowledge about boxing could see that Floyd would win and win easy. the second round was the only shock.

I hate to say this but everyone who billed Mosley as a legitimate opponent were either promoting the fight for financial gains or massive Floyd fans.

Just for the record, I think the biggest flip flop in boxing history was Ali v Liston 1. Before the fight they were saying that Ali would get destroyed inside a round or 2. After Liston was schooled and then quit the excuses came thick and fast "Liston was too old" "Liston was injured" "Liston was ring rusty" "Liston hadn't prepared right".

Ali would go on to whoop Liston even quicker the next time round and even more excuses followed that.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
          As far as flip flops go (where everyone was saying one thing before it was signed and going into the fight.....and than completely flip flopped after the fight)......is this the biggest flip flop in recent memory???
          only floyd fanboys hype up mosley b4 the fight to make it look like a legit cherry pick by floyd

i remember someone posting a pic with floyd and mosley as a grandpa b4 the fight

Comment

Working...
          X