Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxing should respect Miguel Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cotto is an idiot... he thought since he had a close fight with floyd that he could beat anybody... he let the fight give him a big head... it's his own fault... should've just got his a$$ whupped by Pac again and collect a big paycheck instead of getting whupped by trout

Comment

Originally posted by KingTito View Post
      Cotto deserves all the respect in the world. The contention that he isn't a great or HOF fighter is ridiculous. He will be one of the few fighters to define this generation.
      cotto deserves respect... but he isn't an ATG or a HOF fighter (not first ballot anyway)

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
        cotto is an idiot... he thought since he had a close fight with floyd that he could beat anybody... he let the fight give him a big head... it's his own fault... should've just got his a$$ whupped by Pac again and collect a big paycheck instead of getting whupped by trout
        I disagree, Pulledcunt. The fight with Floyd was not that close, doubt that had anything to do with the Trout fight.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
          He's lost against Mayweather, Pacquiao, Clottey, Margarito, Mosley and Trout. (pretty much every major fight he was ever in) He's not great or even worthy of the HOF but he's definitely a solid gatekeeper. He deserves more respect than he's given. With that said he's an emotional guy. He has literally cried on every 24/7 he's ever been on and he even cried in his last All Access. I'm not surprised he would be deluded enough to think he won or to even walk off like he did against Mayweather and Trout.

I like him, he's entertaining and deserves all the respect a former multi division champ is entitled to. Sucks he gets hated on here alot.
          I can say the same thing about Marquez. He lost against Mayweather, Pacquiao, Barrera, John and Norwood (pretty much every major fight he was ever in). He's just a solid gatekeeper.

Btw I'm fan of both Marquez and Cotto. They are two of my favorite figthters. I think they are 2 of the best fighters of this generation and deserve to be in the HOF. But if you are gonna trash Cotto's resume, well Marquez's resume is not that great.

Comment

Fought everyone, ducked nobody, won titles in 3 weight divisions, one of the best fighters of his generation, has an exciting style and is never in a bad fight.

I dont see how anyone that calls himself a boxing fan can NOT respect Miguel Cotto....Boxing needs more dudes like him.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
              Yeah, agree with Maniac, he's been a solid gatekeeper to world class, and he deserves respect for that.
              dont talk rubbish man. i think he falls short of HOF but he was still very good. gatekeeper? load of bollocks.

Comment

Cotto deserves the respect of putting on those gloves and going to war.

That being said, it's ridiculous how overrated he is.

Comment

Originally posted by KingTito View Post
                  Cotto deserves all the respect in the world. The contention that he isn't a great or HOF fighter is ridiculous. He will be one of the few fighters to define this generation.
                  i disagree about HOF. why should he go in? theres guys in this era who have won titles in twice the amount of divisions cotto has for example.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                    Yeah, agree with Maniac, he's been a solid gatekeeper to world class, and he deserves respect for that.
                    You called him a HOF on another site. You aren't even trolling, just being a scumbag to talk all this ****.

Comment

I respect cotto and everything but he too is a lot like all the others top name boxers with a huge ego, I mean what all that crap about Trout (Who happen to be the champ) been introduced first? I mean i would have thought Mayweather with his ego would be the one doing stuffs like that but against Ortiz and Cotto both got introduced last as the champion should.

Comment

Working...
                      X