Peter Quillin-Winky Wright might land on May 26th underneath Tarver-Kayode

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peter Quillin-Winky Wright might land on May 26th underneath Tarver-Kayode

Steve Kim ‏ @stevemaxboxing Close
    Could the Peter Quillin-Winky Wright hook-up land on May 26th underneath Tarver-Kayode? That's what I'm hearing #boxing

I was hoping that fight was off because of money, because I want Winky to stay retired. He had no business coming back 3 years ago against Williams, and he has no business coming back 3 years later against Quillin. Winky is one of my favorites, a really underrated fighter, borderline HOF fighter if you ask me, but he needs to stay retired. Why tarnish your legacy with fights you don't need??? Quillin only gets a name on his resume.

Comment

bump.................

Comment

So winky's still trying to get it in huh.

Comment

Peter Quillin just had this pretty cool radio interview where the hosts hammers him over this ****ty Winky fight. Then they bring Ishe Smith and Gabriel Rosado on the line who have recently been having a stupid twitter war Quillin. Very entertaining segment.

Interview starts at the 37 minute mark.
          http://my.blogtalkradio.com/the-boxi...-quillin-bombs
          Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 03-13-2012, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Ugh, I thought Quillin said he would try to get someone better. I know he ain't in the position to demand fights, but damn man, Winky? The dude hasn't fought in a long while, how will we know if we get a Winky who's at 100%?

Comment

Steve Kim ‏ @stevemaxboxing Close
              Richard Schaefer has confirmed to me via email that Quillin-Wright will be on May 26 on SHO before Kayode-Tarver #boxing

Comment

I have no problem with this matchup, just not on the Mayweather PPV. Phantom is there any word on any other matchups for Mayweather/Cotto?

Comment

On Showtime

Not a surprise at all.

Comment

quillin will not look good

Comment

Working...
                    X