Drunk Lang

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• poor spider

Comment

• Sorry to highjack the thread again, but I did in fact just call up the Chinese girl and talked to her for about a half hour. I was a little buzzed before I called, but didn't say so obviously. Just chatted it up for a half hour. We're still cool. She's got some issues with the whole foreigner (e.g. non-Chinese) thing. That's the whole root of everything, I'm sure.

I'm just going to be friend-like with her. If the day comes when I have another go, it comes. I'm not going to hold out too much hope, but at the same time, she was good enough in the sack to warrant a little hope at least. I could just try to move on and no longer talk to her, but it's not so easy to do so since she's close in terms of contacts and I'll probably see her many times. So, best thing to do is to just be friends. And if the feeling is ever right, all the greater for me.

No holding back anymore when it comes to other girls though. In fact, I had a long discussion with an ex-navy dude who lives in my city today. He's a big dude, a black dude, who talks to everybody. I always talk to him for a little bit when I see him, but we talked for like an hour today, just bull****ting about various things. One thing he told me though is that since I'm a student now, and I don't have money, no girls are really going to be looking to me to settle down. However later on, when I have a job, and have money, then there will be girls there if I want to settle down, so the best thing to do now is to just go out and experience as many girls as I can, and that way when I'm finally ready to settle down, I'll know what I want and won't just fall into the mistake of marrying the first girl that I get a long with well. He was saying how many guys don't experience the world of women enough, and wind up getting ***** whipped, and then just marrying, and often it's a mistake in the end.

Not that I haven't had different girls, but it is quite poignant advise, and something I think i can use. I am in part posting it since others might find it insightful too.
      Last edited by Drunken Cat; 11-02-2012, 05:43 AM.

Comment

• Back to topic. I'm on the Jimmy Beam again.

What can you do, they've had this stuff on sale at the local liquor store for a couple weeks, so I in turn drink it.

Also catching up on the Blazers-Lakers game from the other day. I know the result, but I want to check out the Blazers' team this year. Plus, I could watch the Blazers beat the Lakers over and over. 2000. We don't forget, we don't forgive. Lol.

Comment

• I'm going to reveal the meaning behind my name, and also the reason as to why I never change it.

Nodogoshi refers to a substitute beer in Japan. Substitute beers are called "happoshu." They are made from ingredients such as soybean to be alcoholic drinks, and are flavored so as to attempt to make them taste like beer.

They are quite awful. I never drink them. If I go to a party and they are passing them out, my first comment is "do you have any wine or whiskey?". However when I first came to Japan, I did drink it quite a bit. Beer is expensive in Japan. In fact, at first I thought it was just sh i tty Japanese beer. And, I drank a good share of Nodogoshi.

Here is what it looks like.

But I realized that it's a convenient name, because I don't want people google searching my user name. If they do so, they will just find the "beer".

Of course with due diligence, they'll track down all of it, but so it goes I guess. Maybe the answer is that you have to constantly name yourself after different alcohols.

Comment

• I'm going to the bar for a little bit.

Comment

• The Boss Of Beer is back, internet connection returned.

Founders Dirty Bastard. Its ok but I don't see why the beer-geeks get so excited about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                The Boss Of Beer is back, internet connection returned.

Founders Dirty Bastard. Its ok but I don't see why the beer-geeks get so excited about it.

Good to see you around, bud. How bad did Sandy hit you?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
                  Good to see you around, bud. How bad did Sandy hit you?
                  Thanks, bud.

Where I live specifically, it hasn't been too bad because I'm not very close to water. My power is still out so I have to stay with my parents until its back on. The big thing I'm concerned about is the gas crisis going on. Lines are long as hell and traffic sucks on streets. Luckily I only had to wait an hour to get gas and I have a lot left I just hope I can make without having to refuel before the problem is resolved.
                  Last edited by Derranged; 11-02-2012, 10:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                    Thanks, bud.

Where I live specifically, it hasn't been too bad because I'm not very close to water. My power is still out so I have to stay with my parents until its back on. The big thing I'm concerned about is the gas crisis going on. Lines are long as hell and traffic sucks on streets. Luckily I only had to wait an hour to get gas and I have a lot left I just hope I can make without having to refuel before the problem is resolved.
                    I saw some of the lines for gas on CNN. Looked pretty crazy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
                      I saw some of the lines for gas on CNN. Looked pretty crazy.
                      People are waiting at gas stations that dont even have gas in hopes that some will be delivered soon.

Comment

Working...
                      X