Collapse
No announcement yet.

SULTAN IBRAGIMOV:"The reason he retired because he's a rich man"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTF?? I was just wondering what happened to this guy. What a damn ***** he loses one fight to the best heavyweight in the world and retires? ****in ****** *****.

Comment

Watch his fights pre Mayweather when he was an exciting ko artist. Watch his fights on youtube with Goofi Whitaker and Friday Ahunana. (sp) That Sultan would put up a good fight with anybody. I love how all you guys are calling a pro boxer with 24 pro fights and hundreds of amatuer fights who also fought the heavyweight champ a ***** for retiring after realizing he couldn't beat the best. No shame in that at all...

Comment

Originally posted by Piggu View Post
        That's good. One less "name" guy hanging around and taking up space.
        I dunno, it's not like he was past-prime or anything. I think he could at least be an interesting test for someone like Arreola, Haye, Dmitrenko etc.

Comment

Ibragimov is a good boxer... and a fight with Chagaev would have been Good I am positive.. a Good fight stylistically..

My guess... he knows he will never beat the klits so why hang around and be 3rd best???

Comment

Thats disappointing news but he already said this 2 years ago..

Comment

Originally posted by TheFairPole View Post
              Watch his fights pre Mayweather when he was an exciting ko artist. Watch his fights on youtube with Goofi Whitaker and Friday Ahunana. (sp) That Sultan would put up a good fight with anybody. I love how all you guys are calling a pro boxer with 24 pro fights and hundreds of amatuer fights who also fought the heavyweight champ a ***** for retiring after realizing he couldn't beat the best. No shame in that at all...
              Yes, Mayweather kept telling him to punch and then pull back, and try to win decisions instead of KOing opponents. Although he defeated Briggs that way, it was a poor strategy against an excellent technical boxer like Wlad.

I liked Ibragimov. I doubt we'll ever see him again, the money he made will enable him to live well in Southern Russia.

Comment

I thought Sultan improved a lot and became a slick fighter after Mayweather started training him. That being said the Klit fight was terrible.

Comment

There have been some assinine comments on this thread. How can anyone call a person who has devoted their life to boxing, trained hard, dieted, missed out on social activities and got their body beaten up against people who could kill you with a single punch a *****.

The logic on this forum is staggering to say the least.

More to the point, do we want to see people hanging around when their heart and will is not in the game any more? Why risk your health, cognitive functioning and your money not to mention time with your family to please a hard crowd? **** the haters, Sultan. You made the right decision and left with with your health and your wealth.

Have a good life, Insh'Allah as they say over there.

Comment

Who's cryin over that?

Comment

Originally posted by Zaff101 View Post
                      There have been some assinine comments on this thread. How can anyone call a person who has devoted their life to boxing, trained hard, dieted, missed out on social activities and got their body beaten up against people who could kill you with a single punch a *****.

The logic on this forum is staggering to say the least.

More to the point, do we want to see people hanging around when their heart and will is not in the game any more? Why risk your health, cognitive functioning and your money not to mention time with your family to please a hard crowd? **** the haters, Sultan. You made the right decision and left with with your health and your wealth.

Have a good life, Insh'Allah as they say over there.

WTF is this? A post by someone with an IQ over 85? Here of all places!

Anyway, good post.

I was wondering what happened to the Sultan.

Tyson wanted to be in his corner in his last fight vs. Dr K. What was left unsaid in the controlled US media was the reason why, the reason being that they are both Moslems, not that I have anything against Moslems, though they want me to...

Comment

Working...
                      X