Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UFC trying to Take a shot at Foriegn Boxing Markets! like Mexico and Fhilipines.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by neils7147933 View Post
    Why do these MMA hate threads start up in NSB, then get moved to this forum where people who enjoy MMA have their threads bumped to the bottom of the page to make room for this crap?

BPP, move this **** to The Thunderdome instead of the Mixed Martial Arts forum in the future, huh?
    bro what are you talking about this is not Hate thread!

I am a huge mma fan.

Comment

Originally posted by neils7147933 View Post
      Why do these MMA hate threads start up in NSB, then get moved to this forum where people who enjoy MMA have their threads bumped to the bottom of the page to make room for this crap?

BPP, move this **** to The Thunderdome instead of the Mixed Martial Arts forum in the future, huh?
      AGREED!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Domain View Post
        bro what are you talking about this is not Hate thread!

I am a huge mma fan.
        Posts #2-#7 make this a hate thread...

Comment

agreed!!!
          i thought everybody understands that mma fighters also box, and it is being marketed as a diff. sport?

why does suddenly everybody is hating mma now?
          when this area is alotted for mma fans who also likes boxing?

there was a topic about this on our local mma supporters here in the philippines already.
          and we are all excited about it!!!

here in the philippines there's whole lot of pool for mma talents.

heck as a fighter we're all excited about this news coz 'we will also got another chance at international mma exposure.

here in the phil. local mma is already making waves for the fans.
          we have 2 dominant fight organizations here we have

URCC
          which is using the ring but the rules are alot safer like IFL, but uses three 10 min. rounds for championship matches ala pride

Fearless fc
          uses the cage but like the ufc same three 5 min rounds and five 5min. rounds for the championship matches.

we even have international fights here like "Ring Of Fire" which is alot like the IFL team concept but contested in a cage.

an have international teams brought here like "Art Of War" form china (which is the dominating mma org. in china and team)saipan , thailand and japan

If they bring the UFC here I sure wish to compete!!!

but the main problem here is the payper view.
          payper view don't sell that much here.
          that's why we have to thank cable company and some loacal and international sponsors that brings them here

Comment

The Philippines has it's own version of MMA. It will do well. But finding an MMA fighter to fight for peanuts is going to be tough.

Comment

Originally posted by SnoopySmurf View Post
              The Philippines has it's own version of MMA. It will do well. But finding an MMA fighter to fight for peanuts is going to be tough.
              Good Fillipino fighters could probably just go to Japan and make real money.

Comment

most fighters here in the philippines go to japan , china , korea and thailand to fight.
                there are a couple of filipino fighters already on the U.S. that have established their names already like brandon vera(not a fan of him though),from the UFC and some guys who did well in rage in the cage and IFL.

one of our senior instructors even did pancrase in japan and shooto.
                though there are lot of strikers here who fight sanshou(ala cung le coz of fil.chinese community here) and muay thai coz of kickboxers and yawyan (fil. version of muay thai here that focuses on kicks and the punches are derive from arnis/ stick fighting)

though I had to admit sponsors will be having a hard time bringing established mma fighters here coz of the prize money that they will be able to win.

Comment

Originally posted by aspect View Post
                  most fighters here in the philippines go to japan , china , korea and thailand to fight.
                  there are a couple of filipino fighters already on the U.S. that have established their names already like brandon vera(not a fan of him though),from the UFC and some guys who did well in rage in the cage and IFL.

one of our senior instructors even did pancrase in japan and shooto.
                  though there are lot of strikers here who fight sanshou(ala cung le coz of fil.chinese community here) and muay thai coz of kickboxers and yawyan (fil. version of muay thai here that focuses on kicks and the punches are derive from arnis/ stick fighting)

though I had to admit sponsors will be having a hard time bringing established mma fighters here coz of the prize money that they will be able to win.
                  I heard of an event there recently, Ring of Fire. It had Mike Whitehead, among others.

Comment

yup!
                    it was one of the greatest week end of my entire life!!!
                    the day before that I won my last fight the day before that.
                    then the very next day was mayweather vs hatton on local tv then on the afternonn ring of fire was shown on cable!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X