Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The one thing that genuinely impressed me about Broner last night...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thuggery View Post
    What? Rees clearly won the first round. Most had Rees winning the second round too, but the first round was an undisputed Rees round.
    He agrees that Rees that won them, but that he won them by being active and throwing shots, not because he was better than Broner.

Comment

wtf? he WASN'T supposed to adjust he was supposed to KO the bum in 3 rounds

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
        He agrees that Rees that won them, but that he won them by being active and throwing shots, not because he was better than Broner.
        ah, I see. .....

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
          Its hilarious how people are going crazy about the first 2 rounds like "feel out period" never exists. Plus it's not like Rees won either round (I personally had the 2nd Broner) due to beating Broner's ass. He won on activity and aggression.
          this is some nuthugger shit bro

Comment

sorry but I cant be impressed by a fight that can be summed up by this gif

Comment

That's something he always does, it's not particularly masterful. Broner just started to figure out Rees' rhythm and then stepped up his offense mostly with right hand leads.

Comment

I tuned in for Broner, but Rees won me over with his courage

Comment

one thing ive noticed with broner is the same as what ive been saying about floyd , both are vulnerable to overhand rights..good pressure fighters (baldomir not included) will be always be nightmares for them ...i consider mathysse and rios as broner's margarito, jlc , chavez...

thats not to say thats how reese got his lil success tho ...reese speed , versatility of the lead hand that set the right, combinations to the body were great but the power diffence and size diffrence between them were just too much..IMO ofcourse...

Comment

broner's body is so open it's embarrassing

someone is gonna kill him to the body

and adjustments are only impressive in the face of other top tier fighters

anyone can adjust to lower tier

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
                      one thing ive noticed with broner is the same as what ive been saying about floyd , both are vulnerable to overhand rights..good pressure fighters (baldomir not included) will be always be nightmares for them ...i consider mathysse and rios as broner's margarito, jlc , chavez...

thats not to say thats how reese got his lil success tho ...reese speed , versatility of the lead hand that set the right, combinations to the body were great but the power diffence and size diffrence between them were just too much..IMO ofcourse...
                      Overhand punches from in close go right over the shoulder...but because they tend to land downwards on Broner/Mayweather as they lean back, they rarely have a lot of mustard on them.

Broner's definitely open on the body...and he's been hit numerous times on the body and it hasn't phased him yet. We will find out if Broner is world class once he's in with someone who can match his speed and power. But like I said in another thread, the main wrinkle I see Broner may want to add is using his legs more to keep distance when he needs to. He loves to catch and counter on the inside (which is great) but against quicker, more powerful guys, that may be dangerous.

Comment

Working...
                      X