• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cardinal Buck View Post
    didn't read
    Oh Ok Let me give you the cliff notes

You:*******: Floyd

Comment

bernards fought so many more big names, sometimes fought alot of them twice.
      doesnt fight once a year. oldest champion in history
      bernards done it all imo

Comment

Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
        First of all the tarver win was way better then Floyd over Castillo since Hopkins set a record in that fight and dominated while floyd should have lost once and beating Pavlik was huge since he was the lineal champ in the division Hopkins dominated for years. and he was 20 years younger. That was Hopkins beating his successor from another generation.

All you did was rationalize everything to favor floyd. In real life Floyds resume full of ducking and dodging is no where near Hopkins. accomplishment wise record wise and even quality of opponent wise since Mayweather beats them when they are old and washed up While Hopkins beats them while he is old and washed up.
        Both were good. Both went up in weight and fought the best at that weight. Castillo's resume is superior to Tarver's. Tarver's beat Jones, Johnson, and Woods. Castillo has beaten Johnston, Bazan, Casamayor, Lazcano, J. Diaz, and Corrales. And Floyd beat him clearly in the rematch.

Oh so beating Pavlik was huge, and it was a very good win for Hopkins, but Floyd beating Genaro when he did, Corrales when he did, Castillo when he did, wasn't huge??? C'mon man, and all you are doing is making everything go the other way to fit your argument, so quit playing like you're neutral or unbias, you're one of the more bias around here. Pavlik has two good wins, Taylor and Rubio, that's it.

When you break down their biggest wins, Hopkins has the biggest win over Trinidad. That was a bit bigger than Floyd beating Corrales when he did, I give Hopkins that. But their other biggest wins, Floyd's are better. Castillo, De La Hoya, Cotto, Hatton > Pavlik, Pascal, Tarver, De La Hoya.

Wright and Marquez were similar situations, fighting Top 10 P4P fighters and great fighters, but not at their weights. Floyd over Marquez is better than Hopkins over Wright though. Wright never in his career, before or after fighting Hopkins, proved anything at 170 lbs. Marquez, after fighting Floyd, arguably beat the #1 WW in the world at 144 lbs. Plus, Marquez is greater than Wright is, and proved he can fight at that weight.

That leaves Hopkins with Mercado, Jackson, Johnson, Allen, Eastman, Joppy, and Holmes. And it leaves Floyd with Genaro, Manfredy, G. Vargas, C. Hernandez, Chavez, Corley, Gatti, Judah, Baldomir, Mosley, and Ortiz. You can't possibly favor Hopkins there.

Comment

I would have to say B Hop because he fought the guys in their prime. He retired Trinidad he knockout De La Hoya made Winky disappear schooled Tarver and Pavlik beat Pascal twice lost to Dawson and Calzaghe but at least he fought them. Mayweather fought Corrales and Castillo and Hatton in their Prime. I give him Props for that he gave Marquez a boxing lesson like no other I don't care what the weight was he beats Marquez on his worst day. I don't give him credit for wins over De La Hoya,Mosley or or Cotto he fought those guys way past their Primes. B Hop wins this poll no doubt. If Mayweather were to fight Pacman and beat him he still should have fought him like three years ago. That's Mayweather for you. While B Hop is 47 years old and wants to fight the best we can't say the same about Mayweather that's for sure.

Comment

...so you're saying BHOP fought guys in their prime...but damn near every one you mentioned was either in the wrong weight class or ended up beating him.

Comment

Originally posted by Ringlife View Post
              I would have to say B Hop because he fought the guys in their prime. He retired Trinidad he knockout De La Hoya made Winky disappear schooled Tarver and Pavlik beat Pascal twice lost to Dawson and Calzaghe but at least he fought them. Mayweather fought Corrales and Castillo and Hatton in their Prime. I give him Props for that he gave Marquez a boxing lesson like no other I don't care what the weight was he beats Marquez on his worst day. I don't give him credit for wins over De La Hoya,Mosley or or Cotto he fought those guys way past their Primes. B Hop wins this poll no doubt. If Mayweather were to fight Pacman and beat him he still should have fought him like three years ago. That's Mayweather for you. While B Hop is 47 years old and wants to fight the best we can't say the same about Mayweather that's for sure.
              You don't give Floyd credit for those 3 wins???

De La Hoya in 2004 was coming off a crappy outing against Sturm, and that fight against Oscar was "fishy" to say the least. In 2007 he was a couple years older, but Floyd went up in weight to Oscar's weight and when Oscar was the #3 SWW and beat him. Those wins are about equal.

Cotto isn't in his prime but really hasn't been since 2008. He's still a Top fighter though and was still the #1 SWW, the best fight available aside from Manny at that point in time. And it was Mosley's own damn fault that fight didn't happen in 2005-2006. He srtaight up avoided even talking about fighting Floyd those two years. Floyd still got Shane when he was the #2 WW and #3 P4P fighter coming off beating Margarito, everyone wanted that fight when it happened.

Comment

No I don't give him credit for those three fights when he fought those guys those guys were past there primes. Come on man Hopkins got the better resume he has fought the fighters when he was suppose to. Not years later B Hop fought guys when they were on top. I don't care who his opponents fought at the time he fought them you didn't know who was going to win while Mayweather fought most of the time where you know he was going to win. Now he can be fighting Martinez at 154 like you said he fought De la Hoya at 154 but he won't fight Martinez at 154. We both know that he doesn't take the risks that B hop takes no doubt.

Comment

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. Floyd is on his 5th weight class at 154, already under sized there. Even if Sergio moved back down and wasn't affected by the weight and beat Floyd, it's a good bigger guy beating a great smaller guy, similar to Hopkins-Wright/Floyd-JMM.

Floyd is suppose to win pretty much every fight, so it's his fault that he's predicted to win all the time??? He wanted to fight Winky Wright in 2005, who priced himself out of the fight, that was well documented. He tried to fight Shane Mosley in 2005-2006, who openly said he had no intention of fighting Mayweather anytime soon because he had other plans. And than when EVERYONE wanted to see it and Floyd/Shane fought, people s**t on that win, even though Pacquiao openly avoided Shane in 2009-2010 and when everyone was saying Floyd-Mosley needs to happen.

And Cotto is about as past it as Oscar was in 2003-2004. He can still fight and at a high level.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                    I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. Floyd is on his 5th weight class at 154, already under sized there. Even if Sergio moved back down and wasn't affected by the weight and beat Floyd, it's a good bigger guy beating a great smaller guy, similar to Hopkins-Wright/Floyd-JMM.

Floyd is suppose to win pretty much every fight, so it's his fault that he's predicted to win all the time??? He wanted to fight Winky Wright in 2005, who priced himself out of the fight, that was well documented. He tried to fight Shane Mosley in 2005-2006, who openly said he had no intention of fighting Mayweather anytime soon because he had other plans. And than when EVERYONE wanted to see it and Floyd/Shane fought, people s**t on that win, even though Pacquiao openly avoided Shane in 2009-2010 and when everyone was saying Floyd-Mosley needs to happen.

And Cotto is about as past it as Oscar was in 2003-2004. He can still fight and at a high level.
                    So yo think Money May has a better Resume then B Hop.
                    All I am saying its hard to defend a fighter like Mayweather. I like the way the guy fights but I would have liked a lot more 50 50 fights on his resume. like a Cotto at 140 Or a kostya at 140 Or maybe a Forrest fight at 147. Margarito at 147 even a casa fight at 130. B Hop took those risks is all I am saying we could agree to disagree.

Comment

• Hopkins! LANDSLIDE

Comment

Working...
                      X