Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder: I Still Think Fury Has Pillows As Fists, But He's A Skillful Fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roberto Vasquez View Post
    Wilder landed 70+ punches last time. This time he has 12 rounds expereince of fighting Fury. Fury can't do anything different. But Wilder can. Don't forget Wilder is very fast. Fury is going to get stopped within 8 rounds
    Unsolicited advice. Put some money on Fury if you getting good bets.

Comment

Originally posted by jackblack008 View Post
      Unsolicited advice. Put some money on Fury if you getting good bets.
      Uh? Why? I think Wilder will win in 8-10 rounds.

Comment

It seems pretty obvious to me that both Wilder and Fury respect the other a great deal. Even when they are trash talking the other (for promotional purposes), the respect comes thru. I think both knew that they could have easily won or lost that last fight and understand that the rematch has the same potential drama.

Comment

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
          Wallin actually throws punches though and comes forward , Wilder waits a lifetime in between punches in bunches which is usually no more then 2 at a time . He’s going to have to look like he knows how to work behind a jab or he has no chance .
          Wilder came after Fury hard in the first fight. He was over shooting the right hand big time in the first fight. He fought Ortiz totally different the second time around.

Comment

One of those pillows had you feelin some kind of way after that 12th round knockdown. Don’t chat shyte, Deontay, you know both of you can hurt the other. When you take punches from a man who has 40-50 lbs on you, each one hurts.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
              Wilder came after Fury hard in the first fight. He was over shooting the right hand big time in the first fight. He fought Ortiz totally different the second time around.
              I’m with this redeemer person on this one....wilder had a terrible habit of giving away rounds looking for openings that rarely come. Sure it had worked to this point but you arnt going to knock out everyone, eventually someone’s going to last like Fury did. Imagine if he just gives rounds away to Joshua letting Joshua punch while he just waits. It’s just a suicidal habit that I think is now ingrained. Wilder seems to not undertand leather to flesh concept of boxing. Hit something...be it head, shoulder, neck, body, arm, something....THROW. It’s the most frustrating bad habit ever and it’s becoming more common in American boxing....just like everyone thought they could use the shoulder roll because Mayweather did it. Everyone wants to be a counter puncher....

Comment

Originally posted by VislorTurlough View Post
                I’ll say this - Wilder cannot fight a jabbing, moving Fury like he fought Ortiz. He will lose. He had better adjust his game or he will be outpointed. Can’t assume you will land the haymaker.
                This piece of wisdom where is the elephant in the room that wilder fans don’t want to talk about or acknowledge. First and foremost I am a wilder fan but one that’s been watching this sport for well over 40 years. Anyone who doesn’t see the lazy way wilder gives away rounds as a problem is living a delusion. IF wilder fails to up his activity level, he’s going to lose. I don’t care how Wallin fight looked, I don’t care that fury has been knocked down before, I know this....Fury made wilder look like an amateur in the first fight and but for the power and the knockdowns, fury won that fight. Fury WILL remember that and he WILL adjust fire. Is is MANDATORY that wilder pumps that jab and often....it is MANDATORY that he throws in combination and remembers the left hook, a weapon he doesn’t commonly throw.....and it is MANDATORY that he works inside, to the body, and with the uppercut. Marciano style overhand rights knock folks spark out....but it’s clear that fury’s style matches up well to the norm of how wilder fights. If wilder doesn’t adjust, if they are not working on his faults, he loses. And then everyone’s going to fight him that same exact way....call it “running” if you want to, if it works and the judges like it, it makes sense

Comment

Ever since the initial fight (which I thought Fury comfortably won), I've said that Fury would repeat but be even better the next time out. I've since begun to change my opinion. I still think Fury can pull it off but I'm way less inclined to be certain about it. I think it's more of a 50-50 fight.... flip a coin. Wilder just has such devastating power.... he hit Fury with two KO level shots. Fury better be in the absolute best condition of his life and be ready for every second of all 12 rounds. Don't blink an eye or it's lights out. Wilder sure is exciting.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
                    I’m with this redeemer person on this one....wilder had a terrible habit of giving away rounds looking for openings that rarely come. Sure it had worked to this point but you arnt going to knock out everyone, eventually someone’s going to last like Fury did. Imagine if he just gives rounds away to Joshua letting Joshua punch while he just waits. It’s just a suicidal habit that I think is now ingrained. Wilder seems to not undertand leather to flesh concept of boxing. Hit something...be it head, shoulder, neck, body, arm, something....THROW. It’s the most frustrating bad habit ever and it’s becoming more common in American boxing....just like everyone thought they could use the shoulder roll because Mayweather did it. Everyone wants to be a counter puncher....
                    Maybe in other fights but not in the first Fury fight

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
                      That’s because Ortiz attacked Wilder ,he fought different losing every round clearer against Ortiz because of it .Fury fights off the back foot and off angles ,he dictated Wilder and will dictate him again with more aggression the difference is Fury won’t slow down like Ortiz .
                      Last edited by REDEEMER; 01-26-2020, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X