Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you see Loma-Duran at 135 going?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow the ppl picking Loma don’t know what the fuuck there talking about, Lil Loma got abused by a journeyman in Salido Duran would murder the poor guy.

Duran cusses him out spits in his face insults him and stops him within 6.

Comment

Originally posted by Joime View Post
      Loma would win but it would be a difficult fight for him. Duran wouldn’t get washed.
      GTFOH, we're talking about Roberto Duran not Saul Duran.

Comment

The only lightweights that have a good chance on beating Duran because they have some size is Pacquiao, Mayweather and Shane Mosley and I pick Duran to beat all of them. Lomachenko is too undersized and has too little power to stave off a monster like Duran. The three I mentioned had the power and size to go toe to toe with a prime Duran.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
          The only lightweights that have a good chance on beating Duran because they have some size is Pacquiao, Mayweather and Shane Mosley and I pick Duran to beat all of them. Lomachenko is too undersized and has too little power to stave off a monster like Duran. The three I mentioned had the power and size to go toe to toe with a prime Duran.
          This!

And I like Loma.

Comment

Horrible style for Loma

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
              Something that a lot of people here are missing is that weigh-ins were much different back in that era. I'm pretty damn certain they were typically done the morning of the fight. I hardly doubt Duran was following today's standards, of ridiculous weight cutting, back when he was fighting at lightweight. I wouldn't be surprised if he was only a few pounds bigger than Loma (but smaller than say, Linares).

Of course, I still want to see how Lomachenko does against a hard puncher like Mikey, but you cannot discredit Loma as a fighter. I'm certain that even if Duran is the favorite, Loma would put up a very tough fight for Duran. If Esteban could beat Duran, Loma could. It's boxing, anything can happen.

With that said, right now I obviously have to make Duran the favorite, but Loma's career is still in the works.

Comment

Originally posted by Joime View Post
                Loma would win but it would be a difficult fight for him. Duran wouldn’t get washed.
                What!!!The!!!****!!!!

Comment

Duran would have too much firepower and would have the skills to match loma at 135.

Loma probably presses the action and flusters Duran at times. But during the course of the fight, Duran would roll with a lot of punches, counter and slowly add up the damage on loma, and take him into deep waters, and either stop him our pullout a decision. Similar to meldrick v Chavez
                  Last edited by Sugar Adam Ali; 05-20-2018, 11:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
                    Very tactical fight early on. Duran looks to make it an inside fight, naturally. Loma tries to read Duran which proves more difficult than with most other opponents. Lots of feints. Lots of attempts at setting traps but very smart fight. Down the stretch, though, Duran managed to land to the body as does Loma but Duran's punches take more out of Loma as the fight wears on. Duran ultimately drops Loma and hurts him other times but Loma still makes it interesting showing his mettle. In the end, either late-round KO for Duran or UD for Duran in a close and very interesting fight.
                    Good post. Most are underrating or overrating Loma at this point. This is a very fair and reasonable assessment.

Comment

Watch Duran. He looked like something out of Animal Planet. NOT normal explosiveness and true killer instinct. Lomachenko is a cute little baby. Duran would slaughter him.

Comment

Working...
                      X