Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is Andre Berto the worst boxer in history to consistently get million dollar paydays?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I came in to type Khan.

Comment

people need to keep this in mind about berto....

when floyd and pac were supposedly "negotiating" wayyy back(actually it was really only floyd as pac/arum had dallas an clottey in their pocket the whole time while pretending to care about fighting mayweather) berto was signed to fight shane mosley

when pac dipped to fight clottey in dallas floyd was left there with nothing ...no good name to fight...and berto politely dipped out using the earthquake in haiti as his "out"....so floyd got to shane and that fight really helped floyd....floyd made alot of money that night and after that.....these guys are throwing berto some bones...the floyd fight was his thanks

Comment

He just might be. I ever really thought about it to be honest. Someone else mentioned Gabe Rosado but I'm not sure if Gabe is a millionaire.

Khan definitely has the worst chin of any millionaire fighter I've ever seen. But I think he's a better technician than Berto.

Comment

berto's been pampered by haymon ever since he started as a professional. he was making seven figures as a major undercard fighter on hbo ppv events fighting duds. people often forget he lost to collazo back in '09

so if not the worst boxer in history to receive such paydays, most definitely the worst boxer in the past two decades

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
            Amir Khan is another one. He can beat guys with zero power but as soon as he faces a decent puncher its lights out. Fking Algieri had him doing the stanky leg in the first round of their fight. Yet the dude hangs around not even fighting and gets massive pay days for some reason. Cause he got fast hands doe.
            Amir Khan gets big paydays because he's always in entertaining fights. Stop hating and worshipping cowards like brook.

Comment

It's Gotta be Chavez jr.

Comment

Yes, probably.

Comment

Originally posted by English Lion View Post
                  That's Berto's reward that Haymon gives him for being loyal. A lot of people don't know that Berto was one of the very fight signings that Haymon made and Berto stayed with him through thick and thin. That's why he gets paid this much.
                  Didnt know that. Hang on says your from manchester. So it means its a lie

Comment

i was taught from a very young age, never to sit around and count anyone else's money, because if you spend time doing that, you will not be focused on getting your own and you'll never be successful... that's what u ****ers are doing here, practicing being broke. as for berto supposedly not getting what he deserves, he deserves it because we live in a time now where fighters are getting to keep more of the money they generate with their own blood, sweat and tears, thanks to a good man who treats them like people and not just a dumb pug, like every manager and promoter has treated them ever since the beginning of the sport. in haymon, you have a guy who doesn't like the limelight, educates the fighters about the business side of things(something no one has EVER done), and takes less of out of their pockets than anyone ever has. the fact that it's shocking to many people like you that berto is getting a certain amount of money, is sad because it just shows how long fighters have been getting robbed blind in boxing, and as soon as they start being compensated, ppl can't understand it. if you're willing to get off this keyboard and get in shape and take some punches, you could get berto money too. i'm an entrepreneur, but if I were ever to work for someone else, i'd wanna work for haymon, someone who's willing to mentor, not just exploit people for cheap labor, like probably 99% of every employer in america

Comment

Fans are hilarious.

Said it before and will say it again. Here's a fighters who does everything so-called boxing fans claim that casuals want to see: a world class offense-first talent with one punch KO power who throws EVERY punch with bad intentions, responds to get hit by becoming more offensively aggressive, and is absolutely willing to go out on his shield in pursuit of a victory.

Dude has been in involved in 2 legit FOTY candidates (Ortiz I; Guerrero) and multiple other action packed fights (Soto Karrass). Fights through swollen eyes (hello Kell Brook) and shoulder injuries (looking at you Pacquiao). A true kill-or-killed mentality.

And this is the fighter folks want to pocket watch? Sad, yet predictable.

Comment

Working...
                      X