No announcement yet.

It's time to retire my Title Heavy Bag. Need some reccomendations

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's time to retire my Title Heavy Bag. Need some reccomendations

I think its time to retire my 100lb Title heavy bag or at least make it an uppercut bag (i'll link a video on how to turn an old heavy bag into an uppercut bag for those curious). Can anyone suggest me anything? I did a bit of research and came across these 2 articles

http://mmapage.com/bestheavybag/

Both recommend the Ringside heavy bag. Title has been good to me over the years but i hear Ringside makes a kick ass bag. What do you guys think? Anyone got any other suggestions?

Thanks!

How to convert an old heavy bag into an uppercut bag:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRaO...&nohtml5=False
    Last edited by doublejabbing; 04-19-2016, 03:21 AM.

I've heard great things about Ringside. I'm about to order a 200lb heavybag from them myself

Comment

Originally posted by doublejabbing View Post
      I think its time to retire my 100lb Title heavy bag or at least make it an uppercut bag (i'll link a video on how to turn an old heavy bag into an uppercut bag for those curious). Can anyone suggest me anything? I did a bit of research and came across these 2 articles

http://mmapage.com/bestheavybag/
      http://www.mightyfighter.com/top-10-...punching-bags/

Both recommend the Ringside heavy bag. Title has been good to me over the years but i hear Ringside makes a kick ass bag. What do you guys think? Anyone got any other suggestions?

Thanks!

How to convert an old heavy bag into an uppercut bag:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRaO...&nohtml5=False
      I would suggest going with the brand PRO. I never had a ringside bag but I can say my PRO bag is very well made. Its used daily and if I wipe it down (kept outside) it looks brand new.

Comment

I hear PRO Boxing Supplies and Outslayer have been getting good reputation for heavybags in recent years.

My Outslayer bag has been holding up well.

In the past, I've gone through several RINGSIDE and Title leather bags, and they all got hard at the bottom overtime. I guess this is expected since those bags still used sand.

I hear sand is not used at all in the PBS and Outslayer bags, but only compressed fabric, which should not get dense at the bottom. I don't think their standard models use leather on the exterior though.
        Last edited by boxingsmash69; 04-12-2016, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingsmash69 View Post
          I hear PRO Boxing Supplies and Outslayer have been getting good reputation for heavybags in recent years.

My Outslayer bag has been holding up well.

In the past, I've gone through several RINGSIDE and Title leather bags, and they all got hard at the bottom overtime. I guess this is expected since those bags still used sand.

I hear sand is not used at all in the PBS and Outslayer bags, but only compressed fabric, which should not get dense at the bottom. I don't think their standard models use leather on the exterior though.
          One of the issues Ive had with past bags is that inside material would settle in the bottom make it hard as ****. Gunna look into the Pro bags now. Thanks m8.

Comment

One of the issues Ive had with past bags is that inside material would settle in the bottom make it hard as ****. Gunna look into the Pro bags now. Thanks m8.
            Same.

I have an old everlast in my home gym. Hard as cement on the bottom. Sessions with it have taught me to focus on perfect alignment of the fist and wrist when I throw body shots. Not altogether a detriment.

But some of those fancier bags I've used in the boxing gym... And it feels nice being able to not be quite so reticent with the body shots. Though I throw with authority either way.

Perhaps time to upgrade the bag in my home gym.

Comment

Hesitant to post this since some of the Everlast gear is mediocre but I've used a lot of different Title, Ringside, etc bags in the gym and my personal fave is actually the newer type of Everlast "powercore". It's nothing fancy and they sell them at Big5 but I really love it. Forgiving without being mushy. Responds well. Shows no signs of weakening, shifting density, or folding. I have no problem buying expensive gear but I've had no desire to upgrade. I thought maybe it was just me but then saw Canelo pounding one in a training vid.

Comment

Get yourself a waterbag, you'll get better physical results while protecting your hands a bit.......

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
                  Get yourself a waterbag, you'll get better physical results while protecting your hands a bit.......
                  Its funny you mention that, I Just picked up an aqua bag not long ago and I absolutely love it. The heavy bag I'm looking to pick up will be mounted beside the waterbag.

Comment

Its funny you mention that, I Just picked up an aqua bag not long ago and I absolutely love it. The heavy bag I'm looking to pick up will be mounted beside the waterbag.
                    Hows that water bag working out for you? Its funny, Ive never seen or heard of one, it really interest me.

Comment

Working...
                    X