Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How the **** is Khan ducking when Maidana is the one demanding 3x his biggest payday?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hard Boiled View Post
    Incase you all didnt know:

1. Khan faked a back injury to avoid Maidana and Bradley

2. Khan is demanding 3x more than his biggest pay-day to date.

3. Khan is interim champion and Maidana is champion

4. Khan has impressive wins over Gonzalez, Cayo, Corley

5. Khan is illiterate and cant read or write nor speak a word of english.

6. Khan is surrounded by managers/handlers that are fleecing him.

7. Khan deserves a hand-out for all of the above.

Comment

Originally posted by gingeralbino View Post
      damn didnt realise he had a deal with HBO, I knew he was with golden boy, and that golden boy had a deal with HBO, but i didnt realise that meant HBO had the complete rights to Khans fights, i thought that was just in the states, and that Golden Boy/Khan could sell it world wide for extra.
      PPV is a different story, but this fight won't be on PPV especially if it isn't held in the UK. I can't imagine Sky being able to promote Khan vs Maidana as a PPV anyway. It would bomb hard.

Comment

Originally posted by gingeralbino View Post
        damn didnt realise he had a deal with HBO, I knew he was with golden boy, and that golden boy had a deal with HBO, but i didnt realise that meant HBO had the complete rights to Khans fights, i thought that was just in the states, and that Golden Boy/Khan could sell it world wide for extra.
        I think this is the toughest part of the contract with GBP/HBO.

They have everything set up in the States for a fight in the US and its easier to set that up.

To fight in the UK they have to ship stuff over, use new venues they aren't used to, maybe even use different studio crews or ship their own crews over!

HBO would certainly drag their heels on fights outside the US.

Comment

Originally posted by timba View Post
          PPV is a different story, but this fight won't be on PPV especially if it isn't held in the UK. I can't imagine Sky being able to promote Khan vs Maidana as a PPV anyway. It would bomb hard.
          all of khans fights are on ppv in uk, £15, apart from his last fight which was on itv

Comment

Originally posted by bcfc View Post
            all of khans fights are on ppv in uk, £15, apart from his last fight which was on itv
            Why was his last fight on ITV? Because it was in the U.S. If the Khan - Maidana fight happens in the U.S, then I doubt Sky will have it on PPV at 5 in the morning.

Comment

I know Khan has avoided punchers. It still doesn't change the fact that Khan has fought very good boxers, even if they couldn't bang. Every keeps telling Khan how bad his chin is, and you blame him for fighting guys who can't punch.

Maybe if you eased up on the hating, Khan would step in with a puncher every once in a while. He is trying to fight a puncher now, but guess what...the puncher is ducking the boxer.
              Say's you...I seend Khan duck Maidana before and fought a light handed fighter so the gig is up time to put it up or shut it up...I would mind him fighting Ortiz but I really want Maidana cause Ortiz is not gonna fight Khan how Maidana is going to fight him..You keep talking bout hate check my Post buddy I don't hate Khan I'm just not sold on him...I said there is a good chance Khan could win in other post because it's true he is highly talented..Don't confuse someone disagreeing with as hate..I just want to see a good fight and this one right here is a good fight...And if Con get's caught with the same left hooks he was getting caught with in the Paulie fight well then it's really goodnight for him...

Comment

Why was his last fight on ITV? Because it was in the U.S. If the Khan - Maidana fight happens in the U.S, then I doubt Sky will have it on PPV at 5 in the morning.

oh yea i forgot about the time delay....the fight should definately e over here then, he would do way more numbers,..... im pretty sure khan didnt give the fight to sky because of the money they were offering, they werent happy with the opponent also.
                Last edited by bcfc; 09-09-2010, 09:59 AM.

Comment

nah, it wont be too much of a problem for hbo, they televised alot of naseems fights when he used to fight over here, even before he signed with them

Comment

If this fight doesn't come off, it will be House Maid's reputation that will be trashed, not Khan's. House Maid just needs to sign.

I agree. What more can Khan do? The man falls ONCE and the world hates on him. It's frigging insane.

Comment

Pulling funny stuff is starting to become a trend for Maidana.

Comment

Working...
                      X