Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Saunders: I'm Confident I Would Beat Golovkin Widely!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BJS schools Golovkin

there's a reason why he avoided mover/spoilers, never even facing one

Comment

Cant see it, Nobody has schooled GGG yet and he has fought good boxers in Canelo and Jacobs.

Saunders doesnt have the power to push GGG back, so will have to fight on the back-foot all night, he also takes rounds off and doesnt have the best engine so would be interesting if he could maintain the pace of GGG (even an old GGG).

Most importantly Saunders has not fought anyone as good as GGG. Its all well and good people saying he would school GGG but I question whether he would even be able to get around GGG's world class jab.

A young GGG would demolish Saunders an old one would still likely beat him.

Comment

Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
        Cant see it, Nobody has schooled GGG yet and he has fought good boxers in Canelo and Jacobs.

Saunders doesnt have the power to push GGG back, so will have to fight on the back-foot all night, he also takes rounds off and doesnt have the best engine so would be interesting if he could maintain the pace of GGG (even an old GGG).

Most importantly Saunders has not fought anyone as good as GGG. Its all well and good people saying he would school GGG but I question whether he would even be able to get around GGG's world class jab.

A young GGG would demolish Saunders an old one would still likely beat him.

there is nothing to indicate that Golovkin could deal with Saunders movement

he is largely flat-footed, and is not a master at cutting off the ring as advertised

his aversion to mover spoilers raises question marks

so does Sanchez admission that Golovkin is not the same fighter unless his opponent stands right in front of him...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7c3-WVFa gM (remove space)

Comment

Originally posted by alexjust View Post
          A fighter acknowledges his inferiority when he says about another fighter:"I can beat him now because he is old". On the other hand I see a dilemma in comparing fighters with 8 years apart between them: its almost impossible to catch that timing when both are in their prime.
          brilliantly succinct - thanks!

and that's because prime doesn't last 8 years - at least not absolute prime which is maybe 2-4 years. Talking about 95%of boxers of course as there's always exceptions.

Maybe an elite fighter like Spence can be entering their prime at 24 and a fighter like Golovkin and Kovalev are maybe just a tad on the downslide.

It's an interesting conversation to factor in.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
            there is nothing to indicate that Golovkin could deal with Saunders movement

he is largely flat-footed, and is not a master at cutting off the ring as advertised

his aversion to mover spoilers raises question marks

so does Sanchez admission that Golovkin is not the same fighter unless his opponent stands right in front of him...
            Your hate for GGG has led you to misinterpret even the most basic communication, a video that was shot in 2014. This is some obscure video and I can only imagine how you are searhing desperately for every snippet of negative info on Golovkin and then when you can't find something you make something up because ...

That is NOT what Sanchez said you tool. He made a sarcastic reply to a question about whether Golovkin can hit even harder. He said that unless someone stands in front of him we'll never know how hard Golovkin can hit. That is the same even for RJJ. You'll always be able to hit a heavy bag harder than any moving object.

and you reckon that his ring cutting is a myth. Breadman, Dougie Fischer and others are all wrong then - yeak ok. Naturally he is slower now but 5/6 years ago he was fast enough that (when promoting the Eubanks fight) BJS said "...avoid him (Golovkin) like the plague" when asked how you fight Golovkin.

Comment

Billy hasn't fought anyone comparable, and probably wont because Billy is a pull out merchant. Hes not reliable and missed hes big chance to arrive vs Andrade. Hes claim to fame is beating guys Golovkin stopped on points. He nearly lost to Akavov and wobbled in hes last fight. He needs a name to see where he really rates, but who will chance it against someone so unreliable?

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                BJS schools Golovkin

there's a reason why he avoided mover/spoilers, never even facing one
                Who has Billy schooled who is nealry top flight though? He went close with Lee Eubank and Akavov, hes best win is Lemiuex, who, lets face it, is nowhere near even this old Golovkin. Even on the occasions Billys turned up, where did he showcase he can pull it off at top level?

Comment

Hum Chris Eubank

I guess Saunders forgot about the post fight with
                  Eubank..

there he out & out states GGG would beat them both the same night*

Comment

Look it up*

Comment

Originally posted by trueblood View Post
                      I guess Saunders forgot about the post fight with
                      Eubank..

there he out & out states GGG would beat them both the same night*
                      When was that? 1922 lmfao... this is today! and today Saunders says he will beat GGG and he might, Billy moves well and he has great boxing skill, GGG is a stiff robot with a chin.

Comment

Working...
                      X