Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i think this whole "hip hop is dead" movement relates to boxings "the heavyweight...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by versatile2k6 View Post
    what r they doing now
    he put out one of the best albums of 2005 with DJ Muggs, tat's what

Comment

• Originally posted by GodzHand View Post
      It's only one person.
      yeah i know.excuse me,what is HE doing now still makin tight ass songs?

Comment

i heard he freestyles alot of is songs.neeeeeeextand how is some1 not going to be trying on an album with the legend status he has,i mean really think about that
        He has freestyled most of his **** but the **** he sat down and wrote = classics (Black Album, Blueprint & Reasonable Doubt). He wasn't trying because it's not his album, just a ****ty artist from the south who happened to have great production.

Comment

• Originally posted by Smokin' View Post
          he put out one of the best albums of 2005 with DJ Muggs, tat's what
          did it sell well? im going to dl it to see

Comment

• Everything, literally everything Jay-Z has done since The Black Album is weak. Everything.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liquid_Swords

"Liquid Swords was a 1995 (see 1995 in music) solo album by Wu-Tang Clan member Genius (GZA). Though the album was credited to Genius alone, there are numerous guest appearances from the entire Wu-Tang Clan, like all their earlier solo albums. Liquid Swords is widely acknowledged as one of the best Wu-Tang solo albums, on par with classics like Tical (Method Man), Ironman (Ghostface Killah) and Only Built 4 Cuban Linx (Raekwon).

Liquid Swords is characteristic of the Wu-Tang Clan in its distinctive, sparse, menacing beats by producer RZA, and its cinematic themes relating to Martial Arts films. The album begins with a monologue from a little boy; his monologue, and many of the other skits scattered throughout the album, are from the cult film Shogun Assassin.

The track names listed on the back of the album cover are incorporated into a short paragraph, and are not in order. The liner notes list two tracks that don't appear on the album: "Swordsman" and "Hellz Wind Staff". Most fans believe that this wasn't a production error; rather the tracks were intentionally put there to confuse listeners. The 11th track, Unexplained, is often erroneously listed as Swordsman on websites and other sources.

The album is also known for its distinctive cover, designed by DC comic artist Klaus Jansen.
            Contents"

I cannot count how many times I've listened to Liquid Swords. Easily one of my top ten favorite cd's ever.
            Last edited by MetalVomit; 10-20-2006, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Who from the South do you think is greater than the Gza, aka The Genius? Have you ever heard Liquid Swords?
              I may be wrong buy my boy from SC jams them...i may be wrong tho...I buddy is a poet/artist and he puts me on various artist from around the global...

Comment

did it sell well? im going to dl it to see
                I'll bet that Ashlee Simpson sold more records than The Gza. Who do you think is a better musical artist?

Comment

• Originally posted by Smokin' View Post
                  He has freestyled most of his **** but the **** he sat down and wrote = classics (Black Album, Blueprint & Reasonable Doubt). He wasn't trying because it's not his album, just a ****ty artist from the south who happened to have great production.
                  if u believe that u need to kill yourself. he went off on the song "get throwed" sooooo he was trying there.im still wondering how jay-z would embarress himself like that

Comment

It's only one person.
                    oh well i stand correct..I dont know him...I thought it was a group...they do both poetry over various tracks...something like rap but it isnt..love jones type ****

Comment

I'll bet that Ashlee Simpson sold more records than The Gza. Who do you think is a better musical artist?
                      her for selling more. and at least pick the same genre,different strokes for different folks(white folks that is)

Comment

Working...
                      X