No announcement yet.

What the point in making MJ legal?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by .WesternChamp. View Post
    people's been buying it at legal shops. most illegal shops aint around anymore. then you have the streets. i'll pass on that. i rather go into a legit dispensary where i have options. yeah they tax the shiiet out of it but there's still more choices to choose from, etc.
    It's not really either or though. I have some great dealers with plenty of variety who will ask me what kind of buzz I want and sell accordingly.
    It's not the old daze where you bought crap mexican brick weed from gangbangers or other shady characters.

Business always steps in to fill the void. If something costs too much, people figure out how to get it cheaper, usually illegally.

Comment

Originally posted by man down View Post
      When they tax the chit so high? No one will buy it from a shop just ask CA.
      https://nypost.com/2019/02/20/black-...on-legal-weed/
      This is the **** I've been saying for a couple decades. Legalizing it because it benefits the state isn't really going to change anything. They will tax it to the point that you are going to have a massive black market. So you are still going to have all the law enforcement associated with it that you had when it was illegal. All that has been done is we added another player to the equation that will do everything within its power to collect it's money. Its why I wish all the High Times type ****s would diaf. Bunch of short sighted ****wit stoners with the IQ of a gnat.

Weed should be legal because we are adults and can make our own choices. You know, individual liberty and all that. ****ing sin taxes need to poof from existence.

Comment

i use the shops to buy thc vape

if i want actual bud, my grower pals give me a quarter for $40

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
          i use the shops to buy thc vape

if i want actual bud, my grower pals give me a quarter for $40
          Take this W.

That is awesome. Jealous as a mofo.

Comment

I buy from the shops. Even with the taxes its still cheap enough. variety, legal, security, and usually cute girls behind the counter.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
              Take this W.

me and my pals were talkin about this the other day too, bro...its crazy, we used to pay $75 for an 8th of kush and now the kids that used to sneak into the garage and smoke with us are growers and giving us these great discounts lol

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
                Take this W.

BTW - me and the goons are doing a road trip to Thailand in May...any recommendations? we wanna go island hopping...we're there for 5 days

Comment

Originally posted by man down View Post
                  Thats not happening in CA.
                  https://mjbizdaily.com/californias-q...ss-turbulence/
                  They're even trying to lower the tax.

Every person I know thats uses buys from the same person they did before the law.
                  yeah street guy. most illegal shops aint around anymore. i used to hit up these shops all the time. the street dealer usually just have 1-2 different strains. legal shops have over 50 to choose from lol. i will never go back to the streets unless it's from a direct private grower that knows his shiiet.

Comment

There is a good documentary series on Netflix called "Murder Mountain" about the pot trade in California. It features long time "farmers" who have been growing illegally for decades, who are now faced with the legalization challenges and big Pharma taking over the land/industry. The codes and standards to be a grower are so restrictive and it's an expensive investment. If anything, it has helped the black market for growers who still choose to be outlaws and sell illegally.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
                      Even 11$ seems high not knowing how much it costs tbh, how much does an oz cost in CA bro?
                      i used to get hella pissed at paying $11 lol. but now i've learned to just accept it. it's part of the game. you cant be too picky about it. oz varies here in CA, anywhere from $160-400+. The $300-350 range are usually the good ones.

when i used to buy on the streets, i'll grab ounces since it was cheaper but now that i've been going to these legal shops, i havent pick up an ounce in a long time. prices is just too high.

Comment

Working...
                      X