Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mikey Garcia: Spence is Bigger - But Who's Faster? Better Timing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
    But if Mayweather moved to 160 to fight GGG would you have said it was only one division because he had two titles at 154 or would it have been two divisions since we all know he was in fact a welterweight?

I think in the same way Mayweather was a welterweight that Garcia is a lightweight.
    Mikey has actually fought at 140 more than he's fought at 135. He only has 2 fights at 135.

Comment

• Originally posted by mcdonalds View Post
      Mikey has actually fought at 140 more than he's fought at 135. He only has 2 fights at 135.
      How many does he have at 140?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
        How many does he have at 140?
        He's had 3 fights at 140

Comment

• Mikey Garcia: Spence is Bigger - But Who's Faster? Better Timing?

That's why you guys are fighting.....and that's when we will find out.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
            Not at all man! First of all I didn't say anything racist towards anyone! People are just too damn sensitive on here!...
            Even if he didn't think Spence was gonna win he would stay say that cause there's always a sense of pride when a fighter of your own race is fighting and allot of people root for their own fighter.
            But he didn't just say Spence was gonna win... He said Spence was pretty much gonna destroy Mikey. Basically giving him no chance at all... Those are the same people who say Charlo knocks out Canelo and that Canelo is scared and all that bullshet!
            Now I'm Mexican and I always go for the Mexican fighter no matter what!
            So nothing wrong when I see a black fan going for his fellow Black fighter.
            But I didn't say nothing wrong when I said he's black and of course he'll say that... I just called him on it cause I believe it's the truth!
            If he, you, or anyone else got offended for me saying that then oh well.... IDK what to tell you!
            I said nothing racist or offensive towards anyone.
            All I said was he's black so of course he'll say that... How is that offensive towards anyone???
            I agree with you when it comes to race to a certain extent but I'm not going to lie bro you kind of seemed like you were attacking him just because of his opinion and used race as the reason for his pick. Be careful with that because I'm black and up to this day I have 3 Mexicans in my top 5 favorite boxers. So it's not always the case. De la hoya was my favorite boxer and he is definitely not black. The things you were saying we're sounding borderline racist so if you were not trying to be that's how it came across to some. By the way my favorite active fighter right now is Canelo Alvarez by A LOT. He should be number 1 p4p
            Last edited by Calibaloc; 02-18-2019, 01:58 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
              No he's serious. I said Garcia is going to get pounded by Spence and Fury didn't win against Wilder and suddenly I'm Slim Shady. LOL..
              Yeah I saw that, I'll just chalk it up and say he was having a bad anti black nationalistic moment. Maybe it was the video he saw bashing Canelo on Dante's boxing channel or whatever. Who knows.

Comment

• Originally posted by mcdonalds View Post
                He's had 3 fights at 140
                Lipinets, Broner, and who?

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOOTALLCLOWNS View Post
                  its a no win for spence he'll get no credit if he destroys mikey and his stock will drop considerably if he lets mikey go all 12 rounds. if he loses that will be a career changing loss that will be tough to recover from.
                  He won't get much credit but he'll get a little. He'll also have kept busy and have made a boat-load of money - whats not to like? How is that a no-win?

If he loses he'd still be perceived as at least the 3rd best WW. Mikey would be seen as the best WW and probably fans will bump Thurman up to 2nd best.

It'd only be difficult to recover from if he goes on to lose more fights (in which case he was not as good as people thought anyway). But if he comes back and beats Danny Garcia or Porter or Thurman then he'll be back on track and as feared as anyone in boxing plus a rematch with Garcia would be off-the-charts PPV money.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
                    There is a bigger size difference between Mikey and eroll than btw GGG and brook.
                    Brook had a reach close to GGG's.

Mikey started at 126, this is a 5th div for him, he's like what 4 inches shorter at least?

That being said, Mikey is better than brook, and I dunno if Spence is that better than triple GGG tbh
                    What makes you think Mikey is better than Brook?

Comment

• Originally posted by dwayne3534 View Post
                      What makes you think Mikey is better than Brook?
                      His career next to brook's, but he's way over his head at.147, he's not even a career lightweight, 130 pounds most likely...

Comment

Working...
                      X