Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Errol Spence vs. Mikey Garcia: Fox Sports Pay-Per-View Information

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
    Hearns vs Duran was a two round massacre. Spence isn't that type of puncher that Hearns is. Spence actually has some similarities to Hagler. Duran used his high IQ and supreme boxing skills to off set the size advantage against Hagler and fared very well. Only the last three rounds when Hagler got the upper hand, and that was the difference in the fight.

Doubt this will be a quick beating. Will be competitive early on. And depending on how Mikey deals with Spence's jab and if he can gain Spence's respect, that will determine if this goes the full 12 or Spence gets a 2nd half stoppage.
    Brook lifted GGG off his feet twice but couldn't keep Spence off of him.

Garcia aint gonna keep this guy off of him, I doubt Garcia even gets past Spence's jab. Spence has one of the best jabs in the world and he uses it consistently and keeps adjusting the speed and angle of the jab throughout the fight. That jab also broke Brook's eye socket.

Garcia will eat monster jabs, body shots, and uppercuts all night long. He's in for a tough one.

But who knows he may surprise us. I doubt he can pull it off but maybe he can keep us enterained for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by JonDelPrado View Post
      It’s not completely out of the question that Spence could be outboxedby a great boxer. He loads up with almost every punch and is kind of flat-footed for it; he also waits until he’s perfectly positioned to throw body shots. A lot of his jabs are throwaways looking to set up the big left and Brook was countering over constantly. That being said, it needs to be a near perfect performance because if he does land there will be trouble, specially for a smaller guy like Mikey
      Those jabs you just criticised were landing consistently on Brook.

Those same jabs are what broke Brook's other orbital bone.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
        Those jabs you just criticised were landing consistently on Brook.

Those same jabs are what broke Brook's other orbital bone.
        GGG’s work

Comment

Originally posted by JonDelPrado View Post
          GGG’s work
          No it's not. Spence broke the other eye, not the one GGG broke.

Comment

No it's not. Spence broke the other eye, not the one GGG broke.
            Ha ha ha I saw that response coming from a mile away. Of course the other eye but who seriously doesn’t think it was 100% related?

Comment

this is a fox sports not showtime ppv?

Comment

PBC doesn't have enough fighters for these PPV undercards. The main event is excellent the rest of the card is garbage.

Comment

Brook lifted GGG off his feet twice but couldn't keep Spence off of him.

Garcia aint gonna keep this guy off of him, I doubt Garcia even gets past Spence's jab. Spence has one of the best jabs in the world and he uses it consistently and keeps adjusting the speed and angle of the jab throughout the fight. That jab also broke Brook's eye socket.

Garcia will eat monster jabs, body shots, and uppercuts all night long. He's in for a tough one.

But who knows he may surprise us. I doubt he can pull it off but maybe he can keep us enterained for a while.
                  Brook got Spence's respect early enough where he made him hesitant and it turned into a boxing match from the outside. Only up until the 6th round where Spence turned it up and started pressuring Brook non-stop. He ended up breaking him down like that. Mikey is a sharp counter puncher with heavy hands, but TBD if he carries his pop at WW. I'd guess that he does. Land enough counter punches early on and he may be able to dictate the pace of the fight. Mikey likes to fight in control and doesn't like a frantic pace. Spence is obviously going to try to gun him down from round 1 and make him uncomfortable. I'm interested in seeing the early rounds and how both fighters approach this fight. I still say Spence TKO8, but definitely don't see a Hearns/Duran repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyJonesJrp4pno1 View Post
                    PBC doesn't have enough fighters for these PPV undercards. The main event is excellent the rest of the card is garbage.
                    No, they have more than enough fighters for these undercards. The problem is the main event fighters have such big guarantees that it will be hard to break even, let alone if they put together a high priced undercard. Mikey and Spence supposedly make around 3M a fight according to Hearn/Rafael. So what do you think they will want for this fight? 5-6M each? Then you better do around 225-250k buys to break even just with that fight. Forget the UC fights and all that. Are you confident this fight for sure surpasses that number? Wilder/Fury 2? Now, for that fight you can have some really good UC fights as that fight for me does at least 700k, if not more.

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
                      this is a fox sports not showtime ppv?
                      Correct, this is the first PBC on FOX PPV.

Comment

Working...
                      X