Comments Thread For: DeGale: I Can't Lose To Eubank, It Would Tarnish My Legacy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What legacy?

Comment

Damn! The keyboard warriors are out in force on this thread.

‘Only an Olympic gold’.
      ‘Only staggered to gift decisions’.
      ‘He’s lost to fighters, he must be ****e’.

Have you even competed in any sport? Go win a local league in any sport. Find out how easy it is to beat people consistently, even amateurs.

DeGale is no elite, not a great champion but he’s had a solid career with name recognition and got hold of a title. He’s had a professional career that the vast majority of fighters can only dream about.

That being said, I’m still leaning towards a very limited Eubank just because he’s got great stamina, relentless, and Degale is way too static even when fit.

Comment

Originally posted by monkeyboy View Post
        Damn! The keyboard warriors are out in force on this thread.

‘Only an Olympic gold’.
        ‘Only staggered to gift decisions’.
        ‘He’s lost to fighters, he must be ****e’.

Have you even competed in any sport? Go win a local league in any sport. Find out how easy it is to beat people consistently, even amateurs.

DeGale is no elite, not a great champion but he’s had a solid career with name recognition and got hold of a title. He’s had a professional career that the vast majority of fighters can only dream about.

That being said, I’m still leaning towards a very limited Eubank just because he’s got great stamina, relentless, and Degale is way too static even when fit.
        brother welcome to boxingscene home of the keyboard warriors, you best prepare yourself for some serious BS on this site man people on here are f***ed up.

Comment

DeGale is a pretty unlikeable character but damn some BS being posted on here, the dude won a gold medal and won the strap on the road and defended the strap on the road in other peoples backyards. He deserves respect. As always it's easy to talk all that s*** from a keyboard but this man is a warrior and I hope he pulls off one more performance against Eubank!

Comment

Originally posted by robbyheartbaby View Post
            DeGale is a pretty unlikeable character but damn some BS being posted on here, the dude won a gold medal and won the strap on the road and defended the strap on the road in other peoples backyards. He deserves respect. As always it's easy to talk all that s*** from a keyboard but this man is a warrior and I hope he pulls off one more performance against Eubank!
            I agree man. I find it so comical when "boxing fans" who have never stepped between the ropes call a world champ a bum. Degale put on some fun fights, won a gold medal and a IBF world title on the road. He beat some good fighters and has had a very nice career. The Jack fight last year was a really solid scrap. As was the Bute fight.

Comment

Originally posted by apollocreed View Post
              A bum? Wtf? He's a former champion who won and defended his IBF title in the US and Canada you ****ing idiot.
              If Degales a 'bum', Eubank is a ****ing journeyman.
              former is correct. And now? Nobody, all mouth and medioca skill level, 20 something fights and out? Who is the us or Canada? What are you talking about? Who are the IBF? I’m an Englishman from London and I can assure you, we will quickly forget about James DeGale for his mouth and a NEVER forget his face when George groves beat him and not many hear will forget what he and his gimp trainer said pre fight.
              An Olympic medalist and that’s the only thing that will stand out, well done for that but legacy?
              As you say, “wtf”.
              Lol us and Canada!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by apollocreed View Post
                If you actually watch the Bute fight, he fought well. That was defending his title in Bute's home City. He fought pretty well in the Jack fight too.
                Carl frock ruined Bute. Years earlier and furthermore, Bute had no names on his card until then AAANNNNDD what about that bum with no punch power that had Bute out in the last round prior to the frock fight? and you peg DeGale where in all that? The jack fight? Where’s jack now? Nursing a skull wound the size of the Marianna.trench following a clear loss. If George groves is a nobody as many claim then, where does that leave DeGale.
                He uses the word legacy like he’s some kind of folk hero.
                Here in London HES NOBODY.

Comment

Originally posted by robbyheartbaby View Post
                  I agree with the Olympic medal bit but nothing else.
                  The geographical whereabouts of the fight has no bearing on what happens in the ring unless unfair result out side of the fighters control. Oh, I can’t seem to remember the “elite” super middleweight she beat to get his version of A world title. Don’t worry because I will very quickly forget as we all will here.

Comment

Originally posted by micky1971 View Post
                    Carl frock ruined Bute. Years earlier and furthermore, Bute had no names on his card until then AAANNNNDD what about that bum with no punch power that had Bute out in the last round prior to the frock fight? and you peg DeGale where in all that? The jack fight? Where’s jack now? Nursing a skull wound the size of the Marianna.trench following a clear loss. If George groves is a nobody as many claim then, where does that leave DeGale.
                    He uses the word legacy like he’s some kind of folk hero.
                    Here in London HES NOBODY.
                    I never said Groves is nobody, but Degale has had a better career anyway.
                    Yes Groves won by one point on the judges cards when they were both still novice pros.
                    Degale beat Direll in the US, beat Bute in Canada.
                    He also drew with Jack, who beat Groves.
                    What's Groves's best win? Degale, by one point. After that it's Chudivov.
                    Groves was stopped three times in his career and knocked down multiple times. Degale has only been down once and never been stopped.

Jack getting a huge cut from a headbutt against Browne has nothing to do with Degale anyway you stupid twat.
                    That was at light heavyweight, Jack is now 35, and it wasn't even caused by a punch.
                    Jack just came off a brutal draw with Stevenson too. You're talking ****.
                    Last edited by apollocreed; 02-14-2019, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by micky1971 View Post
                      former is correct. And now? Nobody, all mouth and medioca skill level, 20 something fights and out? Who is the us or Canada? What are you talking about? Who are the IBF? I’m an Englishman from London and I can assure you, we will quickly forget about James DeGale for his mouth and a NEVER forget his face when George groves beat him and not many hear will forget what he and his gimp trainer said pre fight.
                      An Olympic medalist and that’s the only thing that will stand out, well done for that but legacy?
                      As you say, “wtf”.
                      Lol us and Canada!!!!!
                      You're a ****ing idiot. I'm English. I respect Degale for winning and defending his title in the US and Canada. Most Brits crumble when they cross the Atlantic.
                      Groves lost to Jack. Degale fought a much better fight in New York and the draw was a fair result.
                      Groves had skills but he was always chinny and had **** stamina.

Comment

Working...
                      X