No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Callum Smith is Open To Moving Up To Fight Sergey Kovalev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
    Callum and Zurdo should stay at 168 and fight each other.
    They are signed with different promoters/platforms...

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
      Yeah they don’t want none of Usyk. I think he’s a major problem for anyone at HW.
      Whyte saying no one knows who he is is such a stupid statement, even the casuals over here know who he is, he just fought Bellew on PPV over here😂😂
      Actually, he said no one knows "what" he is. I don't know "what" he means by that? Obvious he doesn't want Usyk, nor Joshua. He didn't sign with PBC, so I don't know why he's calling for Breazeale or Ortiz? Whyte seems to be talking for the sake of talking! Lennox Lewis and Razor Ruddock need to have a sit down with the lad...ASAP!

Comment

Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
        Smith's team have mentioned some big names, GGG, Bivol, Ramirez, Plant. They've said they're just after big names but I'd just like to see them get a fight sorted in the near future.

I know they wanted (needed) a big name if the fight was to be at Anfield, but Gallagher said Anfield is more expensive than Wembley. So I'd assume that was out of the picture now anyway.
        Hearn said yesterday hes most likely to return May 18th in the US, same card as Usyk

Comment

kovalev beats him.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
            ... what "contractual obligations"? I didn't find anything on this...
            Well, a deal was signed between Main Events and Top Rank before the Kovalev fight. And it's almost obvious that it wasn't' for just one that fight.

Comment

That’d be cool. Super cool.

Comment

Smith still holds the so called WBC diamond as well as WBA & more importantly Ring mag championship belts, so if he can still make 168Lb then he's best off going for the unification. "Just my thoughts though"!

Comment

Originally posted by minemax View Post
                  Well, a deal was signed between Main Events and Top Rank before the Kovalev fight. And it's almost obvious that it wasn't' for just one that fight.
                  ... it was a deal in order for TR to promote that fight -- Alvarez is the one signed with TR, not Kovalev.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                    ... it was a deal in order for TR to promote that fight -- Alvarez is the one signed with TR, not Kovalev.
                    Alvarez' contract is void now, in fact. There was a clause for that (if he loses the first fight). I guess the same was in the contract with Main Events — had Kovalev lost, their (Main Events' that is) partnership with TR would have been over in the same way.
                    The point is TR were mainly interested to keep the winner (=the champion). TR guys are smart.

Comment

Originally posted by minemax View Post
                      Alvarez' contract is void now, in fact. There was a clause for that (if he loses the first fight). I guess the same was in the contract with Main Events — had Kovalev lost, their (Main Events' that is) partnership with TR would have been over in the same way.
                      The point is TR were mainly interested to keep the winner (=the champion). TR guys are smart.
                      Well, you maybe know better... but I didn't read such things in the news...

Comment

Working...
                      X