Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

True or False: Prime Roy Jones jr was on another level than Prime Floyd?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    Ok. I responded to your response with a different point but if you don't want to address it then fine. Johnson was blown up at LHW that's just a fact.

Johnson was past it, he was way past his best days in 1999 where he was early-mid 30's don't recall his actual age but either way he was well past his best which is what matters considering you said Floyd fights faded fighters then followed it by praising Roy's fight with Johnson which just makes no sense.

Floyd was well past his best also at age 36. No where close to his peak.
    Then I hope you dont mind people not giving Floyd credit for beating pacquiao, not just for being past prime, damaged, but being blown up, despite clearly being able to compete/acclimated, which is what i've been trying to get through to you, but w/e. Not saying he's not a small fighter for the weight, but he has shown to be a force at it, and it's doing a diservice to say he blown up that's why ____ beat him, despite him going through everyone.

Just been repeating myself but. Marquez was blown up, sorry, and canelo was green, sorry, facts an all that.
    Last edited by SplitSecond; 02-02-2019, 07:33 AM.

Comment

p4p roy seems more skilled overall and you would expect him to win, but they are different fighters too with floyd leaving roys defensive skills for dust, and money unable to offer anything close to the arsenal that jones had.

Comment

Roy biggest win in his prime was Toney and that's it. He lost that first Traver fight.

Comment

--- TUE 50-0 The Best Sissy Evah.

TUE TBSE...read it and burst thee into tears to go squallin' for daddy!

Comment

Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
            Roy biggest win in his prime was Toney and that's it. He lost that first Traver fight.
            --- Nah, that's just you losing your wad of cash.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
              roy made elite fighters look like bums. floyd made the bums he fought look like bums
              So that's why Pac and Canelo looked like a Bums? Oh I see.!!!

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing
                I've heard this argument before, "Oh but before he hurt his hands he was exciting!". His fights in the 90s were watchable at best. And we only consider the Diego and Gatti fights exciting because they were exciting for someone like Mayweather.

They're timid affairs if we put them side by side with Jones fights. It was the same era when fans started to leave during one of his fights including celebrities who paid for 1000 dollar seats (Tiger Woods I think it was, it's mentioned in one of his fights). Jones and Ali had the odd boring fight, every fighter does, but not on the level of Mayweather, And we have every right to call him up on his boring fights if he thinks he's better than Ali and calls himself the GOAT. Now he's prancing about everywhere trying to prolong his stay in our memories. No one gives a ****. Camera pans to him during the Broner fight, no one gives a ****....utter ****ing silence. Contrast that to Ali, a mere mention of his name would have people standing in ovation. Now this midget thinks he can manufacture the same charisma after boring the boxing world for decades. Sad man.
                Nah. That was Baldomir which was at 147.

140 and below he was rarely in a boring fight. He just wasn't.

Oh no one give's a shit? Do you really believe that?

Comment

Q
                  Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
                  Then I hope you dont mind people not giving Floyd credit for beating pacquiao, not just for being past prime, damaged, but being blown up, despite clearly being able to compete/acclimated, which is what i've been trying to get through to you, but w/e. Not saying he's not a small fighter for the weight, but he has shown to be a force at it, and it's doing a diservice to say he blown up that's why ____ beat him, despite him going through everyone.

Just been repeating myself but. Marquez was blown up, sorry, and canelo was green, sorry, facts an all that.
                  Ok, and Hopkins was green (yeah I know, so was Jones) and Johnson was faded. They're facts too. Hence why it doesn't make any sense you listing those as great wins as opposed to Mayweather.

Don't know what you're trying to say about Pacquaio. It's not me discrediting fights, it's you.

I only bring up Johnson to address what is an obvious double standard. You can't claim Floyd beats faded fighters then list Johnson as a shining example for Jones. You just cannot do both of those things logically.
                  Last edited by IronDanHamza; 02-02-2019, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Both are exceptional talents but Floys always had to stack the deck in his favor before he fought anybody, I take Roy Jones.

Comment

Originally posted by thecomedian2 View Post
                      So that's why Pac and Canelo looked like a Bums? Oh I see.!!!
                      Mosley, Cotto, Pacman, Canelo, Hatton, Marquez, title belt holder Gatti and Oscar Dela Hoya were all bums. This guy is bugging.

Comment

Working...
                      X