Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people think Mares would be more competitive than Rigo vs Donaire?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mares goes hard. Mares gonna get up in that Rigo ass. Deep

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
      their DESPERATE, they are looking for a new bandwagon to jump on

I am a huge Mares fan, I think he is a damn good young boxer and if I had a P4P list he would be #10 on that list and rising...but I think Rigondeaux STOPS Mares

That relentless Pressure worked on Moreno because Moreno lacked Power, with Rigondeaux, once you feel that left your not going to want to pressure, just like Donaire once he felt that left he was like "DAMN THIS LITTLE GUY HITS HARD" and he was hesitant from the first round up until the knock down round

But yeah the search is on to find someone who can defeat Rigondeaux
      Exactly. Great post... nothing to take away from Mares. His style is fan-friendly. Him and Santa Cruz would be outstanding for boxing, but Rigo is of another kind. That bull forward stuff isn't going to work. If Mares takes that approach, Rigo's making short work of Mares.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310
        Quote:

Originally Posted by WarMaidana

ive actually never watched mares fights... what are some of the most entertaining ones that i can look up

Moreno, Agbeko II, and Vic.

Watch the Moreno fight knowing he was an underdog that was supposed to get schooled
        Um Mares vs Yonny Perez is probably his most exciting fight

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

It is a very different challenge, I understand thinking Rigondeaux could handle it because he is a boxer that can freeze a guy out.

I think Mares while not being as quick or explosive as Donaire, is probably better equipped to slowly break a boxer down.

If could he accomplish this against a guy like Rigondeaux is an open question, but I would like to see him try.

Comment

Mares will get the Margarito vs Pacquiao treatment.

Comment

Originally posted by Matty Ice View Post
              Mares will get the Margarito vs Pacquiao treatment.

Mares has the right style to beat Rigondo, but dunno if he can catch Rigondo on his bike... but maybe Mares is happy that Rigondo is with Top Rank and not with GBP

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                Did I say he did??
                I'm asking you a question and you didn't answer it. What 122 pounder has Mares fought?

Comment

Mares will have more sucess than Donaire because he can apply smart pressure but Rigo will figure him out, start to land at will and possibly stop Mares.

If you don't think Mares will respect Rigos power after some flush bombs you're kidding yourself. And there will be plenty of openings.

Comment

What Donaire was able to do in rd. 10, Mares would do continuously and keep that pressure on that Donaire failed to do from start to end!

Comment

Working...
                    X