Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: We Have Plans For Teofimo Lopez That Don't Involve WBC

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is an odd statement by a dog for money and exploitation😑
    Lopez will go for the limited Commey. Which I cannot absolutely hate on, it makes sense. Young guy. 13 fights and he feel he is ready, Commey is worthy. The issue is that Uncle Bob is going to steer Lopez career away from Loma like pilots do the Bermuda triangle, because if he doesn't Lopez will be lost forever.

Comment

Originally posted by NachoMan View Post
      Not Arum. The Universe and the very laws of physics won't let Teofimo even contend with Loma.
      This was legitimately funny

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
        My question, Is Lou Dibella and Commey down with that plan? I sure hope so, because this is getting real good! I can't see Commey, the Champion, agreeing to fight Lopez for the right to face Lomachenko. He was already supposed to be fighting Lomachenko, but he was injured! Why wouldn't he just wait to fight Lomachenko "for all the marbles?" Once Dibella confirms, I'll exhale! Commey trains in Brooklyn, and Teofimo is from Brooklyn! MSG ON FIRE!
        No, he's not gonna choose Teo over Loma. He'll take on Loma. Winner gets all the belts and defends them to Teo as a mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by angkag View Post
          Interesting, good that Nakatani getting a shot instead of being shoved aside.

Can see a few problems, mainly that Commey wants Loma direct. Interesting to see if and how Bob makes it happen, but not sure he can.
          - money might do it, but would have to be a lot as Loma is the glamour fight for Commey, plus it will have belts on the line that Teo doesn't have. And Bob not the best at paying for what he wants.
          - force mandatory (with a little help from IBF) ? Unification trumps mandatory, and if Commey targeting Loma in Dec, then can't see that happening unless Bob withholds Loma or lowballs Commey for the Loma fight (which would require screwing over Loma as Loma wants it as much as Commey).
          - Even if he can get Commey in with Teo, what's the earliest ? Presumably around October (?), then Teo v Loma 2020, but Teo is already saying he can't see the year out at 135, so what gives ?

Can't see it happening.
          The schedule of these unifications is getting good. Total unifications and potential showdowns with Loma and Commey are in front of Teo right now. He just has to make a little bit of sacrifice and cooperate with these.

No need for Bob to pay and screw up anything. He just has to go the flow and let the IBF take care of these. Either Commey takes on Teo as mandatory first or let Loma-Commey winner take on Teo as a mandatory later on is fine. This is going well

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
            If you win a vacant WBC belt you have to fight the mandatory immediately after, right?
            After their mini-tournament is done. By the time it will be finished, we may already have an undisputed champion already so it's fine.

Comment

Originally posted by DaBeastO View Post
              lomachenko becoming undisputed is definitely happening he's fighting campbell for the wbc belt in sept then winner of lopez vs comey or comey gets stripped for refusing to fight lopez! loma will just wait for that outcome to play itself out. unification only trumps mandatory when both champions agree to fight each other. loma will force comey to fight lopez before unifying with him as a show of power. either comey wins or lopez proves by winning a belt he deserves a shot at lomachenko!
              hmmnn... Didn't know you can do that but I'm alright with it. I just hope everything goes well and we get and unified champ either this year or next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                If you win a vacant WBC belt you have to fight the mandatory immediately after, right?
                Actually it's two mandatories back to back.

Winning a vacant wbc title means you get two mandatories.

It's a smart rule because it helps to erase the paper champion status, provided of course that the two mandatories are worth much.

In Jermell Charlo's case it was originally Hatley and Andrade. But Andrade as usual the ducker vacated his mandatory spot to fight for the WBA regular title just before he was ordered to fight Jermell, enter Ericksen Lubin.

Ps. Off topic, but Andrade did the same thing again. As WBA regular he became Lara's mandatory, and vacated and moved up to middleweight right after the WBA announced they would order the mandatory soon.

Bet you if GGG wasn't so scared of taking challenges, he would have found a way to wriggle out of fighting GGG if GGG had come calling and his fanboys would have still found a way to say everyone is ducking Andrade.

Comment

Originally posted by whoseyourdaddy View Post
                  No, the champion has the OPTION to fight a voluntary defense, or go straight to their next mando.
                  Not true. Winner of a Vacant wbc title has to defend his title against two mandatories.

Jermell Charlo had to do it against Hatley and Andrade initially, Andrade pussied out and was replaced by Lubin, and Porter had Ugas and Thurman ordered as his mandatories as soon as he won the vacant wbc title.

The situation you describe is when you win the title from a champion, but if you win a vacant title, its two mandatories.

Comment

If lopez vacates and moves up to avoid a unification fight with lomo he never wanted the fight in the first place. I predict this will happen.

Comment

Originally posted by satiev1 View Post
                      If lopez vacates and moves up to avoid a unification fight with lomo he never wanted the fight in the first place. I predict this will happen.
                      After scratching my head a bit, I think this is just Bob recognising that Commey is starting to get smart business wise and might drag out a fight with Loma. So he's positioning Teo as a mandatory to force Commey to the table with Loma sooner rather than later.

Teo will move up to 140 the moment Commey vs Loma is signed.

Comment

Working...
                      X