Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 04-23-2019, 06:17 AM #31
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 3133 Post(s)
hugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,233.03
Total Points: 45,428.60
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S a m u r a i Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - rorymac Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - I'm so sorry 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDPopescu View Post
... it was by accident... but you say it as if Crawford needed to hit him low... in the 5th round, Bud landed 18 of his 29 power punches (62%)...
Only khan knows why he couldn't go on and whether you believe him. Only Crawford knows if that low blow was accidental. Low blows you feel for the rest of the fight.
hugh grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 04-23-2019, 06:41 AM #32
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 5561 Post(s)
MDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,174,993.06
Total Points: 2,184,489.35
Thanks for the drink and I always buy a beer back ..respect - Steve plunger Good luck with your picks! - 1hourRun Cheers mate! - kafkod Great posts, sir - anthonydavid11 Keep up the good fight - -KULT- 
Cheers - Nomadic Cause pizza is great, I just had one - Mighty_Windir No Message - Dean_Razorback Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Cheers! - kafkod 
Cheers, bud - Pain~Lucy Have a beer! - CLUBBER! Great poster - Chrismart thanks for the points - Dean_Razorback Thx bro... - jaded 
Thanks! Cheers! - GhostofDempsey Cheers! - GhostofDempsey SlŠinte .. Good health :) - kafkod Cheers. No thanks but cheers. Haha - Tony Trick-Pony Thx - jaded 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - MDPopescu Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Weltschmerz Alzheimer's - Crohn's &amp; Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - jas Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Turd Best Ever Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Turd Best Ever 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugh grant View Post
Only khan knows why he couldn't go on and whether you believe him. Only Crawford knows if that low blow was accidental. Low blows you feel for the rest of the fight.
... man, don't put it in this "popular psychology" key!...
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.

... back in 2015, I said (here) that Floyd should fight Khan or Brook (instead of Berto)...
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
MDPopescu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 07:07 AM #33
Interim Champion

Quoted: 288 Post(s)
mick1303 is a name known to allmick1303 is a name known to allmick1303 is a name known to allmick1303 is a name known to allmick1303 is a name known to allmick1303 is a name known to all
Bank: 1,214.72
Total Points: 9,772.19

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCEN3RY View Post
Crawford gave Khan the way out. You shouldn't have landed low. Let's stop sugar coating for the sake of protecting fighter's feelings. They're grown men, they should be able to take criticism. Crawford beats Khan 7 days a week and Khan could've stayed down in the first. He could've gone down on one of the body shots Crawford landed in the 4th or 5th. Instead Khan went out because he was hit low - very obviously low. Crawford needs to stop b#tching about the scenario he created. How about fighting clean? That's an idea.
My feelings exactly!! Why is everybody blames this on Khan is beyond me. The fact that he was losing comprehensively is irrelevant in this conversation. He was hit so blatantly low, that his movement would've been impaired severely...
mick1303 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 07:23 AM #34
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 116 Post(s)
stefjonno1 has a reputation beyond reputestefjonno1 has a reputation beyond reputestefjonno1 has a reputation beyond reputestefjonno1 has a reputation beyond reputestefjonno1 has a reputation beyond reputestefjonno1 has a reputation beyond reputestefjonno1 has a reputation beyond reputestefjonno1 has a reputation beyond reputestefjonno1 has a reputation beyond reputestefjonno1 has a reputation beyond reputestefjonno1 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 10,450.80

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCEN3RY View Post
Crawford gave Khan the way out. You shouldn't have landed low. Let's stop sugar coating for the sake of protecting fighter's feelings. They're grown men, they should be able to take criticism. Crawford beats Khan 7 days a week and Khan could've stayed down in the first. He could've gone down on one of the body shots Crawford landed in the 4th or 5th. Instead Khan went out because he was hit low - very obviously low. Crawford needs to stop b#tching about the scenario he created. How about fighting clean? That's an idea.

What makes you think he is *****ing about the scenario lol. He was asked a question about a fight that only ended about 48 hours ago. Granted Bud hit him with a low shot, and? **** happens. Very baffling how you are turning the situation onto Bud when low blows are an accidental part of boxing.
stefjonno1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 07:51 AM #35
No.1

Quoted: 425 Post(s)
FeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,226.90
Total Points: 19,302.93
Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil No Message - hectari 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - FeFist 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameltoe View Post
He was losing the fight, sure, but this narrative that Khan was being beaten from pillar to post ala Pacquiao v De La Hoya is simply untrue. Yet I keep reading it.

Crawford was getting the better of him and Khan was mostly ineffective, but he wasnít being absolutely beaten down in there.

Khan may or may not have looked for a way out, and Crawford may have been coming on strong, but in no way did Khan look like he was about to fold without being hit low.

IMO of course.
Khan is a frontrunner. His best work is in the first set of rounds, after which he slows.

Crawford had his number. Khan couldn't rely on Crawford slowing nor could he rely on his ability to adapt.

He has enough experience to realise where he was going. The punch connected to his thigh and he didn't even try to take the 5 minutes.

Everything points at him dipping when he realised he couldn't win. It's probably the end of his career. He's picked as a name with the expectation that he will go out swinging.
FeFist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 08:05 AM #36
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 5561 Post(s)
MDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,174,993.06
Total Points: 2,184,489.35
Thanks for the drink and I always buy a beer back ..respect - Steve plunger Good luck with your picks! - 1hourRun Cheers mate! - kafkod Great posts, sir - anthonydavid11 Keep up the good fight - -KULT- 
Cheers - Nomadic Cause pizza is great, I just had one - Mighty_Windir No Message - Dean_Razorback Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Cheers! - kafkod 
Cheers, bud - Pain~Lucy Have a beer! - CLUBBER! Great poster - Chrismart thanks for the points - Dean_Razorback Thx bro... - jaded 
Thanks! Cheers! - GhostofDempsey Cheers! - GhostofDempsey SlŠinte .. Good health :) - kafkod Cheers. No thanks but cheers. Haha - Tony Trick-Pony Thx - jaded 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - MDPopescu Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Weltschmerz Alzheimer's - Crohn's &amp; Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - jas Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Turd Best Ever Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Turd Best Ever 

... this stupid "dispute" becomes more and more sad...
MDPopescu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 08:50 AM #37
Contender

Quoted: 102 Post(s)
mmamachine has a spectacular aura aboutmmamachine has a spectacular aura about
Bank: 1,161.40
Total Points: 8,920.05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sosay View Post
It's a TKO because Amir and Virgil told the ref to stop the fight. The doctor didnt stop it, Con did. Take the whole five minutes and if that dont work, talk to the doctor. Dont immediately say stop the fight. Ask the doctor to check you and see if he'll stop it. He didnt do that because they would've told him to fight on. Do we have a medical report about the testicle. Of course not because we've seen much worse low blows. Zab vs Cotto was bad and it actually changed the entire fight but Zab didnt quit.
Thank you for clearing that up for me I genuinely wasn't sure.
mmamachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 10:35 AM #38
Contender

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Phill lynott has a spectacular aura aboutPhill lynott has a spectacular aura about
Bank: 1,167.21
Total Points: 9,173.62

Funny how Crawford and Spence use that saying. All I see is easy ways for them to hold on to their belts! They will pollute the welterweight division by not giving those deserving a chance. I don't see p4p in either one. It takes guts as well to be champ not just gutwind from promoters and networks. There are only soo many mismatches they can sell to public before it becomes obvious to even those who get their news from facebook or those who actually buy into the ppv event.
Phill lynott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 12:13 PM #39
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 779 Post(s)
cameltoe has a reputation beyond reputecameltoe has a reputation beyond reputecameltoe has a reputation beyond reputecameltoe has a reputation beyond reputecameltoe has a reputation beyond reputecameltoe has a reputation beyond reputecameltoe has a reputation beyond reputecameltoe has a reputation beyond reputecameltoe has a reputation beyond reputecameltoe has a reputation beyond reputecameltoe has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,115.97
Total Points: 10,873.83

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeFist View Post
Khan is a frontrunner. His best work is in the first set of rounds, after which he slows.

Crawford had his number. Khan couldn't rely on Crawford slowing nor could he rely on his ability to adapt.

He has enough experience to realise where he was going. The punch connected to his thigh and he didn't even try to take the 5 minutes.

Everything points at him dipping when he realised he couldn't win. It's probably the end of his career. He's picked as a name with the expectation that he will go out swinging.
Yeah youíre not wrong, but Iím hearing a lot of opinions that Khan was on the edge of being stopped and that didnít seem to be the case, at all.

Now Iím not saying Bud couldnít have finished him off in the next few rounds-it only takes one clean punch to finish Khan anyway-but I didnít see anything to suggest he was about to be stopped had the low blow not happened.

Youíre totally right about the fast starting thing. I really thought Khan would shock Bud early and come out of the traps quickly but it never happened. Thatís probably as much mental on Khanís part as it was anything Bud was doing.
cameltoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 01:01 PM #40
Kingslayer

Quoted: 343 Post(s)
SCEN3RY has a reputation beyond reputeSCEN3RY has a reputation beyond reputeSCEN3RY has a reputation beyond reputeSCEN3RY has a reputation beyond reputeSCEN3RY has a reputation beyond reputeSCEN3RY has a reputation beyond reputeSCEN3RY has a reputation beyond reputeSCEN3RY has a reputation beyond reputeSCEN3RY has a reputation beyond reputeSCEN3RY has a reputation beyond reputeSCEN3RY has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 15,168.94
cheers. - chiguy91 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - chiguy91 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefjonno1 View Post
What makes you think he is *****ing about the scenario lol. He was asked a question about a fight that only ended about 48 hours ago. Granted Bud hit him with a low shot, and? **** happens. Very baffling how you are turning the situation onto Bud when low blows are an accidental part of boxing.
I already explained in previous posts that Khan quit because he didn't want to continue hurt. There was more depth there, but I'm not retyping it. As for the bold, I don't see the point in the offender complaining about what happened after he landed the low blow. Just don't deflect your own offense, like you're not at all at fault.

I've rewatched the fight last night, and Khan's immediate turn away from the shot while bowing his head, seemed real...he was really hurt. At this point we're disputing how hurt he was. And that's an argument nobody can win, including Terrence. So I don't want him to b#tch about it. That's all. What we do know is Khan could've taken a count by any of the previous shots and he chose not to.
SCEN3RY is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

User Tag List