Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury's Trainer: Wilder's The Biggest Puncher In Boxing History

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KillaMane26 View Post
    The guys you name ain't 1 punch KO guys lol. I agree about Wilder but you should use better examples!
    Foreman wasnt a one punch ko artist? Ever seen the Moorer fight?

Comment

Originally posted by Mindgames View Post
      Come on mate, hes level of opposition was way higher. Tell me how Wilders punch against Ortiz was harder than Foremans vs Moorer. Remember, Wilder had to hit Ortiz a few in fight one, Fury, who hasn't got an iron chin go up twice. Perspective my man..
      Sure Foreman fought better fighters but fighter like Joe Frazier and Michael Moorer were small fighters compared to the HW's we have today. When you look at his fights he punched very hard but the punches weren't as devastating as Wilder's. I saw one fight he was pounding on a guy for ages and he didn't put him down. Think the ref stopped it in the end. Foreman also got rope-a-doped where Ali absorbed his shots round after round. Ali was tough as they come but still....

Comment

Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
        Anyone that fights at heavyweight is vulnerable. The head can only take so much force and these guys are weighing over 220lbs. Doesn't take much from that size to disconnect someone's nervous system from their brain.

People always talk about Wilder's resume but never want to talk about Tyson's or any of the other HOF greats resumes. If we could send him back in time, Wilder probably would beat any of their opponents.
        Wilder's resume really is bad tbh in terms of numbers of fights compared with quality of opponents. So is Tyson Fury's to be fair. Look at Joshua's - he may not turn out to be as good in the end but his record so far is way better for the stage in his career he is at. Even Chisora's is better than Wilders. If both (Fury and Wilder) fighters really are that great - why haven't they fought more top level fighters?

As a boxing fan it's frustrating. This is why you have Wilder fan boys all over the forum trying to convince everyone how great Wilder is. If Wilder fought all comers - the fanboys wouldn't be needed to convince anyone.

Comment

That shot pretty much will get to any heavyweight at some point in the fight. For that, you can't rule him out.

Comment

So true, two wins over Ortiz, greatest of all time. If only Ali and Foreman had it so easy.
            Hold on your forgetting his illustrious draw (loss) to the guy that had just got off the sofa after nearly 2 years of eating fried chicken with nose candy for dessert ;0)

Comment

I can't go along with this. Imagine a guy that is still knocking over at 40 fights, the quality of guys he was knocking over at 15 fights, that's Wilder. Jackson and Hameds power is more impressive as they had less weight behind the punch.

Comment

Originally posted by Roberto Vasquez View Post
                Sure Foreman fought better fighters but fighter like Joe Frazier and Michael Moorer were small fighters compared to the HW's we have today. When you look at his fights he punched very hard but the punches weren't as devastating as Wilder's. I saw one fight he was pounding on a guy for ages and he didn't put him down. Think the ref stopped it in the end. Foreman also got rope-a-doped where Ali absorbed his shots round after round. Ali was tough as they come but still....
                How about Cooney? Big enough. Ali avoided the big shots. Stiverne went 12.What does it prove. Ortiz was 236,10lb of fat. Wilder has only fought two world level heavies mate. One who has a chin that was rattled by a cruiserweight, and who got up twice.

Comment

Foreman wasnt a one punch ko artist? Ever seen the Moorer fight?
                  Thats 1 guy out of 3 guys.

Yeah Foreman was a bear

Comment

Originally posted by KillaMane26 View Post
                    Thats 1 guy out of 3 guys.

Yeah Foreman was a bear
                    Mike Tyson had quite a few spectacular one-punch stoppages. Against Tubbs, Tillman, Johnson, Botha, Spinks, etc. Frazier probably was as well; he just got hit on the way down; such was Tyson's speed at the time. My personal favorite: https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=nl0CxIrL5E0
                    Last edited by GelfSara; 11-26-2019, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GelfSara View Post
                      Mike Tyson had quite a few spectacular one-punch stoppages. Against Tubbs, Tillman, Johnson, Botha, Spinks, etc. Frazier probably was as well; he was just got hit on the way down; such was Tyson's speed at the time. My personal favorite: https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=nl0CxIrL5E0

Yeah but imo Wilder had more 1 punch power. Or else Tyson woulda never lost.

You literally cant let Wilder touch you with his right hand lmao.

And Frazier was my guy!!

Comment

Working...
                      X