Collapse
No announcement yet.

SHOWTIME PPV For Wilder v Fury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it will sell more than Wilder-AJ would if it were happening in November. Fury has the personality to sell. The American press is going to love him. He's full of sound bytes and he writes the stories for the press. The press hates having to get stories out of guys and that's the type of interview AJ is because he's so guarded.

I'm expecting 350-500k. But I won't be surprised if it goes over 500k

Comment

And the undercard is supposed to be great. I need someone to translate the tweet in Spanish. I don't think google translate is giving the correct translation

Comment

Originally posted by Manlikefemi View Post
        remember PPV is around $50-70 between two relative unknown fighters in Wilder and Fury.
        Troll thread. Wilder is Showtime's biggest star. He's not unknown. He was the lead story on ESPN Sportscenter on Saturday night. He stars on a major reality show. He has a million followers on instagram.

He's drawn Showtime's biggest ratings. He drew the second largest boxing crowd in Barclays history. He may be unknown to people who don't know anything about boxing, but if you follow boxing at all, you know who Deontay Wilder is. Showtime is the #1 boxing network in the US and Wilder has been their #1 draw for many years.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
          Troll thread. Wilder is Showtime's biggest star. He's not unknown. He was the lead story on ESPN Sportscenter on Saturday night. He stars on a major reality show. He has a million followers on instagram.

He's drawn Showtime's biggest ratings. He drew the second largest boxing crowd in Barclays history. He may be unknown to people who don't know anything about boxing, but if you follow boxing at all, you know who Deontay Wilder is. Showtime is the #1 boxing network in the US and Wilder has been their #1 draw for many years.

So how many PPV buys would you predict it to do?

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
            And the undercard is supposed to be great. I need someone to translate the tweet in Spanish. I don't think google translate is giving the correct translation

One guy says Mikey...
            The other guy says: "As you thought, Alvarez..."

Maybe it's Mikey vs Spence?

Comment

Originally posted by Pandur View Post
              So how many PPV buys would you predict it to do?
              It's been a while since I've worked in the PPV industry, so I'd rather not make a wild guess. I've only been involved with subscription services the last several years (my shows air on DAZN overseas).

I do know Showtime is confident they'll do at least 300,000 buys. Seems reasonable to me. 250,000 wouldn't shock me, but 500,000 wouldn't shock me either. This isn't my area of expertise.

If you're going to force me to make a prediction, I'll say 350k. But with Wilder never headlining a PPV before, it could do half that or twice that. Who the **** knows.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
                If it gets to 300k they should be very happy in my opinion. It depends on what they charge for it of course but if its the standard 60$ or so then I doubt it gets close to 500k
                What should it be charged? I would actually charge $70 or $75. I think these promoters miss the boat charging $60 bucks when it makes no difference in terms of PPV buys. So why cut your profit? If someone is going to pay $60 for the PPV, then they will surely pay $70 for it.

I've been saying 350-400k should be the target stateside and around 450-500k in the UK.

One thing going against this PPV is that the Canelo/GGG rematch is in September and McGregor is fighting in October. That's two PPVs that will do 1+ million PPV buys. A lot of casuals will buy those two and won't want to pay for another in November. So in that sense it may make more sense to push it back to December and put the Spence/Garcia fight in November.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                  Many of the people picking low #'s are the same ones who were skeptical about it happening. This fight does 500K plus. The Wilder-Fury announcement was the lead-in on SportsCenter. The build-up is going to be huge.
                  250k sounds more realistic. Your number is about half of the amount of people who watch Wilder's fights on Showtime so you can't expect it to sell that much. While Wilder isn't very well known to sports fans in the US, Fury is completely unknown.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
                    It's been a while since I've worked in the PPV industry, so I'd rather not make a wild guess. I've only been involved with subscription services the last several years (my shows air on DAZN overseas).

I do know Showtime is confident they'll do at least 300,000 buys. Seems reasonable to me. 250,000 wouldn't shock me, but 500,000 wouldn't shock me either. This isn't my area of expertise.

If you're going to force me to make a prediction, I'll say 350k. But with Wilder never headlining a PPV before, it could do half that or twice that. Who the **** knows.

I really really do hope it does sell around 500K. I want it to succeed.

If they are really smart. They put Mickey vs. Spence as co-main event.
                    Then they definitely will do 500K.

Comment

Originally posted by Pandur View Post
                      I really really do hope it does sell around 500K. I want it to succeed.

If they are really smart. They put Mickey vs. Spence as co-main event.
                      Then they definitely will do 500K.
                      I don’t think Garcia-Spence really moves the needle but they do need a good undercard. The key is getting them out to the public. Their personalities will do the rest. Again the fight announcement led on ESPN. And it’s overshadowed everything in boxing right now.

Comment

Working...
                      X