Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If fighters didnt lose weight and fought at there fight night weight.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If fighters didnt lose weight and fought at there fight night weight.

how different do you think it will make them? how different would it make a normal fight? Id like your view.

for e.g. welterweight, thurman / spence at 155. (assuming they put on around 8 pounds.

for e.g. canelo ggg @ 170. im guessing they will both be around that even though its at 160.

and at 168, ward vs froch @ 176. (assuming)

Could it change the outcome of fights?

Thing what people dont get is, if you lose weight correctly for a weight advantage, you can have more muscle then your opponant and be stronger. So you starve yourself for maybe 48 hours, you weight for e.g. 164 that day, you starve etc, and weigh just under 160, hours after the weigh in, you weight 165 as you get hydrated and another 24 hours youre at 170.

If you lose weight like de la hoya did vs pac and cant put on no weight after, thats no advantage obviously. he was severley drained. But as floyd has shown, it dont always mean you will be drained, as he never has to starve. Sometimes the weight is just food in your gut. Thats why i sometimes see a ripped fighter weigh in, and fight night there abs have gone.

im asking this for good reason.

The body acts in survival mode when starved, so if you eat, it will store more as fat, rather then when your aint starved ****floyd) you can just be eat and be cool.

get me though?

im not writing up to B+ standard for you guys, piss off

thats how it used to be weigh in was day of the fight

Comment

I've wondered if part of the reason Floyd's conditioning is so superb is that he doesn't ever have to dehydrate himself the day before a fight. I guess I wasn't into boxing yet back in his 135 days, but every 147 or 154 fight it seemed like he never had to dehydrate for the weigh in, and he seemed to have better stamina than his opponent every time.

Comment

I'd much prefer same day weigh ins.

I don't like seeing guys who cut massive weight and then rehydrate to be 2 divisions higher.

Comment

Originally posted by kilojay505 View Post
          thats how it used to be weigh in was day of the fight
          No it wasn't. Some fighters still dehydrated, had less time to hydrate and end up fighting while unhealthy. Which is why the weigh-in was moved to the day before.

Comment

Terrence crawford, erroll spence, and all the other 147 lbers would all be mw's.

Comment

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
              I've wondered if part of the reason Floyd's conditioning is so superb is that he doesn't ever have to dehydrate himself the day before a fight. I guess I wasn't into boxing yet back in his 135 days, but every 147 or 154 fight it seemed like he never had to dehydrate for the weigh in, and he seemed to have better stamina than his opponent every time.
              ...except that one time where he was "extremely dehydrated" and needed an IV.

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
                ...except that one time where he was "extremely dehydrated" and needed an IV.

Lol, yeah there's that..

Comment

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
                  Lol, yeah there's that..
                  I've noticed the same thing as you with floyd not cutting a lot tho...which is why to anyone who doesn't swing from floyd's ball bag, the IV is a little suspicious at the very least.

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
                    I've noticed the same thing as you with floyd not cutting a lot tho...which is why to anyone who doesn't swing from floyd's ball bag, the IV is a little suspicious at the very least.
                    You would know if you actually researched it....& didn't he take the test before the iv multiple times?

Comment

Working...
                    X