Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McGregor: "Pacquiao didn't get robbed, he got mauled"

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/8/1...manny-pacquiao

Originally posted by MMA Fighting
    Conor McGregor is loving every second of his boxing stardom, even if he isn’t all that impressed with his new peers.

Speaking to the media in a scrum following an open workout at the UFC Performance Institute in Las Vegas on Aug. 11, the UFC lightweight champion was asked who he admires in boxing.

One other major name that came up in Friday’s scrum was former eight-division world champion Manny Pacquiao. McGregor acknowledged that a fight with the 38-year-old could be worth his time due to Pacquiao being one of the only boxers who is close to matching Mayweather’s level of mainstream recognition.

However, he was heavily critical of Pacquiao’s most recent bout, a unanimous decision loss to unheralded Australian Jeff Horn. While there was some backlash over the judges’ scorecards, few would argue that Horn performed better than expected against a legend who was supposed to walk through him. McGregor is firmly on the side of those who think Pacquiao flat out lost and he has a dim view of any boxer being on his level should he get past Mayweather.

"Pacquiao wouldn’t be a bad one because he has a name," McGregor said. "I don’t - look what happened to him in that last fight. He got mauled. He got absolutely mauled in that fight. People were crying ‘big robbery,’ I didn’t see no robbery in that fight. I saw a man that just got mauled in a fight."
    McGregor may not know jack about boxing yet, but the man clearly understands how the fight game works.

'Mauled' is too strong of a word.

He got beaten by a busier, more active fighter. It wasn't any kind of mauling.

Comment

Pac vs Horn wasn't one-sided but I can see where McGregor gets the impression that Manny got mauled. Both guys took a beating in that fight.

Comment

The fight was closer than people were giving credit

Comment

White fighter siding with another white fighter hmmmmm what a surprise.

Fuuuck both them bums.

Comment

I had Pacman winning by 2 rounds - Saying that there's no way he could get the decision in a messy fight like that in Australia. He needs to dominate or knock Horn out

Comment

This euro-bum is so inept at the sweetscience that he makes Jeff Horn look like Willie Pep -- I'm thinking who looks worse between the two : I mean before and after pics, like after the beating Floyd Mayweather hands this hype-job ; it be interesting to see if Mayweather can top what Pacquiao did to Horn's mug.

Another interesting question is which fans are more stupid Jeff Horn's or MMA fans.

Comment

If here were no headbut's that caused a chit load of blood it would have looked nothing like a mauling but i can see why it could look that way to somebody who DKSAB, like connor mcgreggor

Comment

Originally posted by Damn Wicked View Post
                  Pac vs Horn wasn't one-sided but I can see where McGregor gets the impression that Manny got mauled. Both guys took a beating in that fight.
                  To be fair to him, although he generally talks a lot of self-promoting ****, Mcgregor isn't too far away from the truth with that one!

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                    This euro-bum is so inept at the sweetscience that he makes Jeff Horn look like Willie Pep -- I'm thinking who looks worse between the two : I mean before and after pics, like after the beating Floyd Mayweather hands this hype-job ; it be interesting to see if Mayweather can top what Pacquiao did to Horn's mug.

Another interesting question is which fans are more stupid Jeff Horn's or MMA fans.
                    Horn would KO McGregor if they ever fought. McGregor isn't even a top 200 boxer. His record is 0/0 as a pro and as an amateur. It would be unfair to even match McGregor against Horn at this stage.

Comment

Working...
                    X