Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kotelnik vs Alexander

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
      Bunch of close fights being listed in this thread. No. None of them were "robberies."
      I think the term "robbery" is a matter of perception and personal opinion on very close fights. Hence - 3 judges to eliminate any concept of robbery (even though some decisions slip through the net).

What would you class as a 'robbery'? And would you say it was perceived as a 'close fight' by the majority?

I think Bradley/Pac is a good example...

Comment

Fres Oquendo getting robbed against Mormeck, McCall and Toney (maybe the Holyfield fight)

Not to say that he would had done anything noticible in the division but it did rob him of some significant paydays.

The biggest robbery ever in my eyes even though it was a KO was Juan Martin Coggi vs Eder Gonzalez. The ref was in on it, the time keeper, the officials, everybody conspired to wake Coggi up after he was KOed in the ring so he could continue to fight. Even his corner when they were giving a 8 count was holding him from the back of the trunks with the rope so he could stay up

Comment

Not all of these are highway robberies, but there was a clear winner that did not get the decision he deserved:

Lara vs Paul Williams
          De La Hoya-Mosley 2 & Trinidad
          Lewis vs Holyfield 1
          Helenius vs Chisora
          Mike Jones- Soto Karass 1
          Kotelnik vs Alexander

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
            Bunch of close fights being listed in this thread. No. None of them were "robberies."
            - Roy Jones outlanded Si-Hun 86-32

- Santa Cruz outlanding Casamayor 246-129 and knocking him down

- The two judges who scored the fight for James Toney weren't licensed to judge fights in New Jersey, Dave Tiberi even retired in disgust over that fight

Comment

Working...
            X