No announcement yet.

New Hall of Fame Nominees out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
    Im shocked by some of the returning names that aren't already in there Abrams, Garcia, Hostak, Kingpetch, Marcel, Michalczewski, Ohba, Overlin. Shameful.
    The Hall is only 20 some years old and has always had caps on how many get in per year (rather than a % vote like some Halls). At 3 per year, takes a while. Over time, more older greats will be inducted.

Comment

Wow, Tito and Oscar in the same HOF class.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
        The Hall is only 20 some years old and has always had caps on how many get in per year (rather than a % vote like some Halls). At 3 per year, takes a while. Over time, more older greats will be inducted.
        Three per year including the return nominees? If so that's a futile format, with over a century of history and the sheer quantity of HOF worthy boxers it will take 20, 30, 40 years for very deserving guys to get in. Their accomplishments and legacy are set with 60, 70, 80 years already passed no need to prolong their recognition.

Comment

I will be there and I can't wait. TITO TITO TITO TITO!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
            Three per year including the return nominees? If so that's a futile format, with over a century of history and the sheer quantity of HOF worthy boxers it will take 20, 30, 40 years for very deserving guys to get in. Their accomplishments and legacy are set with 60, 70, 80 years already passed no need to prolong their recognition.
            I am an advocate of moving the Modern voting line from 1942 to 1960. Let the Old Timers committee handle the guys who are stuck (Jeffra for instance) and let he modern be modern. 42 made sense when the Hall opened. Not so much in 2013.

Comment

A lot of those names I thought were already in.

It's a sad state of affairs that the likes of Kingpetch, Overlin and Archer aren't in the HOF already.

Where is Booker? Not even on the list of candidates?

Calzaghe is obviously going to get in, he really shouldn't though over some of those names there.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler I View Post
                Time to admit the Prince.
                Not going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  A lot of those names I thought were already in.

It's a sad state of affairs that the likes of Kingpetch, Overlin and Archer aren't in the HOF already.

Where is Booker? Not even on the list of candidates?

Calzaghe is obviously going to get in, he really shouldn't though over some of those names there.
                  I'd like to see Jeffra, Gushiken, Hamed, Betulio Gonzalez and some others in eventually as well. It's an imperfect process but they do a good job giving boxing a real Hall without the sort of backing a team sport with leagues can provide.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    Not going to happen.
                    He may eventually get in. He has a growing lobby of voters.

And you are not the first wondering where the hell Eddie Booker is on ballot. Again, time to redraw the line for what Modern is for voters IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
                      He may eventually get in. He has a growing lobby of voters.

And you are not the first wondering where the hell Eddie Booker is on ballot. Again, time to redraw the line for what Modern is for voters IMO.
                      Eventually and I think he deserves it but he won't get in this one.

Comment

Working...
                      X