Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dawson's performance, brings to mind Dirrell's against Carl Froch

He just didn't do enough.

Performance was lazy.

When he had the opportunity to throw punches, he just didn't.

He wasn't exposed like people have been saying on this forum, he just didn't do enough to take the win and only realised late. I see him coming back stronger.

PS Get Mayweather Snr back in his corner, that guy made him throw punches - check the Adamek fight.

yea, except dirrell was'nt lazy, he was on the move alot and avoiding alot, he just was'nt throwing back enough

dawson seemed to be taking things too easily, rarely even commiting to his punches

Comment

Originally posted by .-|Akrobatic|-. View Post
      yea, except dirrell was'nt lazy, he was on the move alot and avoiding alot, he just was'nt throwing back enough

dawson seemed to be taking things too easily, rarely even commiting to his punches
      Dawson's got the attributes, just not enough heart.

Comment

Originally posted by Walterson View Post

Performance was lazy.

He wasn't exposed like people have been saying on this forum, he just didn't do enough to take the win and only realised late. I see him coming back stronger.

PS Get Mayweather Snr back in his corner, that guy made him throw punches - check the Adamek fight.
        mayweather sr cant train him or anyone because of his health. joan guzman told me himself thats the reason they went apart.

Comment

He wasn't exposed, he was just beaten. I thought that Pascals style and power would cause him problems, but I thought Dawson would get his rhythm going... but he never did. He never really threw with much intent (Until the 11th), and just let Pascal circle him and throw flurries of power shots. It was a good fight though, and I hope they do have a rematch...

Comment

Dirrell is one of my favourite and won the Froch fight but it wasn't a convincing performance so they gave it to Nottingham's Froch, Robin hood style, rob from the talented and give to the popular.

But Froch also didn't get a fair score in the Kessler fight, the only person that ain't getting robbed is the Hometown bandit Ward.

Comment

Performance was lazy.

The problem is american fighters are overhyped,overrated.

I mean,they(the american boxing lobby) sell you US fighters,like Devon,Dawson as boxing gods,but they are nothing special.
              They are fast,slick,black,cool!But it ain't enough.

1.Dawson was supposed to be the real deal.
              2.He get beat by Pascal and Johnson in my book.

SO YES,HE HAS BEEN EXPOSED FOR WHAT IT IS,OR ISN'T.

I'm not hating,I'm being fair.

No respect for Kotelnik,Pirog and Pascal before the fights...they were supposed to be walk in the park....

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
                The problem is american fighters are overhyped,overrated.

I mean,they(the american boxing lobby) sell you US fighters,like Devon,Dawson as boxing gods,but they are nothing special.
                They are fast,slick,black,cool!But it ain't enough.

1.Dawson was supposed to be the real deal.
                2.He get beat by Pascal and Johnson in my book.

SO YES,HE HAS BEEN EXPOSED FOR WHAT IT IS,OR ISN'T.

I'm not hating,I'm being fair.

No respect for Kotelnik,Pirog and Pascal before the fights...they were supposed to be walk in the park....
                How is losing a fight getting exposed. Jacobs got exposed ye, but the other two? It's not like they got the **** kicked out of them. Alexander easily one the first 4 rds, and Dawson was on his way to stopping Pascal.

Explain how that is exposed?

According to you JMM was exposed against Mayweather and Pac. Chambers was brutally exposed against the Klit master, and Marg exposed Cotto as a quitter....... Just trying to be fair.............
                Last edited by Battle Hardened; 08-15-2010, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Dawson's got the attributes, just not enough heart.
                  I thought heart was the main attribute.....
                  Honnestly Dawson has hearth in my opinion.

I think Dawson lacks power,will and strenght.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
                    I thought heart was the main attribute.....
                    Honnestly Dawson has hearth in my opinion.

I think Dawson lacks power,will and strenght.
                    Will - that's the one.

Comment

Working...
                    X