Official Fighter of the Decade Poll

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mr.crust View Post
    It should be a two between PBF and Pac.
    floyd missed almost 2 years of this decade .....i did'nt even realized that this decade ends this year but ts is right...pac is sealed to be the fighter of this decade imo...

Comment

i got floyd still---pac is right behind him as far as accomplishments, but hopkins could take his spot---you people have to realize something---for people on here to pick pac but still say it's close between him and floyd says something about floyd's resume and achivements...floyd missed all of 2008, and will miss most of 2009, yet, he's still in the running...what does that say?

floyd beat coralles, castillo, gatti, de la hoya, hatton, judah, baldomir this decade...he is still undefeated and he dominated all of those champions with the exception of castillo and oscar, but he beat them convincingly(castillo 2nd fight of course)...he beat hatton when hatton was undefeated...if anything, floyd should have been the fighter of the year in 2005---because of dominant he was---and hatton openly ducked floyd---hatton beat kosta---who floyd called out---the fact that floyd called out hatton, kosta, winky, oscar, shane all in 2005 showed you how raw he was at 140...i din't hear hatton calling anybody out...floyd wanted all of these fights---this is when he was his most hungriest imo, at this weight---his performance against gatti trumps hatton's against kosta's...and he went on to knock hatton out...so, imo, floyd was the foy in 2005 also...i feel many believe this...but, that's neither here or there at ths point...this decade was amazing...floyd, pac, and hopkins achieved more than any otehr fighter imo...you seen floyd jump up 4 weight classes this decade and remain undefeated...that says something...and he did it in dominant fashion for the most part...winning legit titles in every weightclass he fought in...

Comment

I say Pac, he's faced better competition than PBF

Comment

yeah i dont know about wink being on there!

Comment

Got to be PBF for me

Comment

Pacquiao hands down

Comment

Originally posted by The_Executioner View Post
                Pacquiao but if he loses to Cotto it does hurt his credentials...

I'd put Cotto in there before Winky...Cotto beat Zab, past prime Shane, Clottey, and Quintana...and Malignaggi and Torres are decent fighters.
                Agree 100%

Comment

Originally posted by Sonic Flood View Post
                  000s

* 2000 - Félix Trinidad
                  * 2001 - Bernard Hopkins
                  * 2002 - Vernon Forrest
                  * 2003 - James Toney
                  * 2004 - Glen Johnson
                  * 2005 - Ricky Hatton
                  * 2006 - Manny Pacquiao
                  * 2007 - Floyd Mayweather Jr.
                  * 2008 - Manny Pacquiao

This is Ring Magazine 2000's Fighter of the Year so Far.
                  Where's Cotto

Comment

Fighter - Fedor, boxer - Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by pbftxrs316 View Post
                      i got floyd still---pac is right behind him as far as accomplishments, but hopkins could take his spot---you people have to realize something---for people on here to pick pac but still say it's close between him and floyd says something about floyd's resume and achivements...floyd missed all of 2008, and will miss most of 2009, yet, he's still in the running...what does that say?

floyd beat coralles, castillo, gatti, de la hoya, hatton, judah, baldomir this decade...he is still undefeated and he dominated all of those champions with the exception of castillo and oscar, but he beat them convincingly(castillo 2nd fight of course)...he beat hatton when hatton was undefeated...if anything, floyd should have been the fighter of the year in 2005---because of dominant he was---and hatton openly ducked floyd---hatton beat kosta---who floyd called out---the fact that floyd called out hatton, kosta, winky, oscar, shane all in 2005 showed you how raw he was at 140...i din't hear hatton calling anybody out...floyd wanted all of these fights---this is when he was his most hungriest imo, at this weight---his performance against gatti trumps hatton's against kosta's...and he went on to knock hatton out...so, imo, floyd was the foy in 2005 also...i feel many believe this...but, that's neither here or there at ths point...this decade was amazing...floyd, pac, and hopkins achieved more than any otehr fighter imo...you seen floyd jump up 4 weight classes this decade and remain undefeated...that says something...and he did it in dominant fashion for the most part...winning legit titles in every weightclass he fought in...
                      How is Pac behind in accomplishments???? He's won more world titles in more weight classes. More lineal titles. More FOY awards. Spanned more weight classes. Accompllishments is a no brainer.

It says everything about Mayweathers talent that he's considered right behind Pac.

Comment

Working...
                      X