Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most entertaining & least entertaining (boring) champions of last 20 years?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
    Mosley was p4p #3 WBA champ and lineal ww champ...What was Barrera p4p then?
    There's no such thing as p4p. But I believe he was ranked 3 or 4 on mythical lists and was WBC and lineal champ. Any other questions?

So again I answered yours. Answer these

Is 7 years and 1 month a longer period of time than 5 years and 5 months?

Is Pacquaio better than Cotto?

Is Morales better than Margarito without wraps? **** he's better WITH wraps.

Is 16 months inactivity longer than 6 months inactivity?

Is 38 older than 33?

Why is the Mosley win great and the Barrera one not? Especially when factoring in Barrera is a greater fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
      There's no such thing as p4p. But I believe he was ranked 3 or 4 on mythical lists and was WBC and lineal champ. Any other questions?

So again I answered yours. Answer these

Is 38 older than 33?

Why is the Mosley win great and the Barrera one not? Especially when factoring in Barrera is a greater fighter.
      Why is Barrera greater then Mosley? and no Barrera was not p4p #3 or 4 he was #6

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
        Why is Barrera greater then Mosley? and no Barrera was not p4p #3 or 4 he was #6
        Answer the other questions and I'll answer and P4P isn't a real thing. Who's list was that? The Ring? The same Ring that is bashed when doesn't suit certain claims? The same Ring that didn't drop Mosley despite a year of inactivity (thus breaking their own rules)?

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          john ruiz
          carlos molina
          miguel vazquez

guess which category
          Yeah but John always had Norman Stone to up the excitement level LOL

Comment

[QUOTE=larryxxx.;18215973]Why is Barrera greater then Mosley? [/QUOTE]

Answer the questions since I answered yours.

Anyway Barrera greater than Mosley easy.

Barrera's best wins Morales X2 are better than any Mosley win. Mosley had a great win over Oscar in fight I and a tainted win in fight II due to a controversial decision he could and should have lost and he admitted that he knowingly took steroids for the fight.

After that beating Hamed is better than anything else Mosley did. Not even close. KcKinney also better than Margarito and without plaster wraps Margarito not as good as Tapia, Ayala, Peden just to name a few.

Barrera lineal champion at 126 and 130. Mosley at what 147. 2 is more than 1. Barrera part unified 2 divisions, Mosley part unified 1 I believe. Mosley won zero unification matches in his career Barrera won around 4.

Mosley lost 5 fights in his prime to non greats, Barrera only lost twice to a non great.

Barrera was adaptable in the ring, Mosley wasn't but these are based on skills and talent don't need to get into that.

Honestly to say Mosley is a greater fighter than Barrera I'd have to seriously question what the motives and agenda are behind it and/or completely question your knowledge. I say that as someone who likes Shane and really doesn't like Barrera (he's a crybaby).

Now PLEASE answer the questions I showed you the courtesy and answered yours.

Is 38 older than 33?
            Last edited by chrisJS; 11-16-2017, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by john l View Post
              And a lot of others imo.I would only put Ruiz prob on there.And even though I respect Porter I'm not crazy about watching him.
              I don't really like watching Porter either tbh, although with the right opponent he can have a very good fight.
              I always kinda enjoyed Ruiz fights not necessarily cause of the action in the ring,
              but cause of Norman Stone losing his **** in the corner😂😂😂

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
                I don't really like watching Porter either tbh, although with the right opponent he can have a very good fight.
                I always kinda enjoyed Ruiz fights not necessarily cause of the action in the ring,
                but cause of Norman Stone losing his **** in the corner😂😂😂
                LMAO over Stone crack.I even found Ruiz to be more I don't know I cant use the word exciting but maybe I could tolerate him more then most.He did get everything out of what he had i guess.Speaking of boring though I thought H fury in the Parker fight should have been DQed for negative fightin.I really like defensive fighters(may,sweet pea are two of my fav fighters).But I thought that was just running.I told a friend once if you wanna see running,neg fightin, watch Dirrell vs Froch if you wanna see what boxing looks like watch Dirrell vs A Abraham lol.

Comment

Originally posted by djtmal View Post
                  over the last 20 years...nobody did boring quite like bernard hopkins....
                  Try Miguel "Titere" Vasquez

Comment

Originally posted by john l View Post
                    I know I'm prob in minority but I like watching good tech fighters like May,Ward,Rigo,Hopkins
                    I like watching great technicians too but that doesnt mean a technician has to be boring. Pacquiao is a technician and is entertaining, even when going 12 rounds, Leonard was probably the finest technician since Ali and he was never boring. Hearn had one of the finest jabs and movement of any fighter ever, rarely boring.

I could go on, heck, watch Robinson, the greatest technician of all and he was never boring.

Its only in modern times that boring is being translated into "guys who do not throw enough punches, would rather use their heads, elbows and running to edge each round in an environment when judges score fights differently to 15 years ago".

I must say Wlad and Rigo probably don't fall into the example I just posted, as both have power and like to use it, problem is, they either dont have the physical or the mental ability to stay active for 12 rounds and go for the kill, sadly making them look boring in the process. Especially Rigo whose career has largely been against c level opposition, opposition the likes of Naz or MAB would have annihilated.

Comment

Naz not on the most entertaining list? Probably the most entertaining fighter in the last 20 years imo

Comment

Working...
                      X